Motorcycle Rental

C

Chip00

Does anybody know current daily rates for motorcycle rental for say a Yamaha 115 on the North Coast area or Santiago?

Thanks

Sep 19, 2005
where ever you pick up information, please ask if they also rent ATVs.

well I know the answer for the north coast...I am only interested in any info you find in the SANTIAGO area

thanks

bob

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Late reply

I paid $22 a day in Sosua for a Yamaha DT or a 125 4-stroke Honda in Cabarete. Sosua rentals (3-4) on Martinez I think the street is (the st. Banco Popular is on anyway). Cabarete has several on the main street. 4-wheelers are harder to come by. One of the places in Sosua has a couple that are beat to death.

C

Chip00

I paid $22 a day in Sosua for a Yamaha DT or a 125 4-stroke Honda in Cabarete. Sosua rentals (3-4) on Martinez I think the street is (the st. Banco Popular is on anyway). Cabarete has several on the main street. 4-wheelers are harder to come by. One of the places in Sosua has a couple that are beat to death.

Thanks! A couple of questions.

1. Do you know if insurance is required?
2. Also, do they have a time limit - ie can you rent it for a couple of days and take it around the country?
3. What is the size of the Yamaha DT - is it a 2 stroke?

Sep 19, 2005
chip I have seen some europeans on those rental 125-250cc dirt bikes come over the mountain on route 21 and were almost down to San Victor....

but they could easily do that and get back in a day......so take it for what its worth..

I have seen some real nice ATV rentals near Playa dorado....they usually do the tour , with a guide thing...but you know...everything is negotiable

the last time I rented I took a 4 wheel drive automatic 450 cc yamaha...cost me $60 for the 4 hour fling

bob

C

Chip00

chip I have seen some europeans on those rental 125-250cc dirt bikes come over the mountain on route 21 and were almost down to San Victor....

but they could easily do that and get back in a day......so take it for what its worth..

I have seen some real nice ATV rentals near Playa dorado....they usually do the tour , with a guide thing...but you know...everything is negotiable

the last time I rented I took a 4 wheel drive automatic 450 cc yamaha...cost me $60 for the 4 hour fling

bob

Thanks for the info. I myself have a Yamaha 115 and actually have been to PP with the wife via Rte 21. It was a lot of fun but the wife said the arse hurt too much after!

I've got a buddy that maybe coming down in May and I thought I'd rent him a bike and we toot around the country. First to Constanza then back to La Vega, San Jose de Las Matas, Dajabon, Monte Cristi right down the coast to Rt.21. I wonder if we can do all that in 3 days? I've got one or two Dom friends that I will be bringing along and they'll be packing so hopefully security is not an issue.

So all that being said I was looking for a bike that could handle all that.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
big fat one's........

Does anybody know current daily rates for motorcycle rental for say a Yamaha 115 on the North Coast area or Santiago?

Thanks
you have the info on the smaller ones.but for anyone who would like to know.you can do a 4hr tour on a 1100 yahama from cabarete to (cant remember)for $100us but the rental place is on the beach side of cabarete where the last row of souviner shops are on the way up to janets super market.
they have a trip also that takes you to sto.domg where you stay over night and ride back the next day. can not recall the price of that trip.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Yamaha DT

Yamaha DTs are 125cc, 2-strokes. I wouldn't recommend anything under 500 cc to take a trip all the way to Constanza, etc. from the north coast as CHIP00 mentioned....unless one's butt is a lot softer than most.