Maison Gautreaux - Who's been there?

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Hello:
This is my 4th trip back to DR. Planning to stay at te Maison Gautreaux in Santo Domingo for 16 days. Does anyone have anything to tell me about this place? - Do you recommend or not recommend? - Where is it? - How about is there anyplace that I can just get a clean bed and hot shower that is safe for my personal belongings for 16 days? - please advise

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
THANKS! - I will be staying at the Mecure for the 1st night that I arrive in DR. I was hoping that I could go by and find this place and do a recon of it on day one. -

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
I stayed there

Hello Dakra,
I stayed in Maison Gautreaux on 2 or 3 occasions and never had any problems. Last time was 2 or 3 years ago. It is safe and clean, close to the Malecon and a 10 minute walk from the Zona Colonial. There is a good steak house almost opposite and some restaurants on Av Independencia nearby.
For me it would be a bit basic to spend 16 days but if you are looking for a clean bed and hot shower, it will surely do the job.
Bartolomeo

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Thanks - I appreciate your comments. Anyone else have any comments to say about this place.

Thanks

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Hello:
This is my 4th trip back to DR. Planning to stay at te Maison Gautreaux in Santo Domingo for 16 days. Does anyone have anything to tell me about this place? - Do you recommend or not recommend? - Where is it? - How about is there anyplace that I can just get a clean bed and hot shower that is safe for my personal belongings for 16 days? - please advise
You have me a bit confused Dakra. Didn't you post two years ago about how wonderful you thought the Maison Gautreaux is and didn't you also post a year or so ago about you making your 11th trip to the DR?

Why are you asking about this hotel when you have stayed there numerous times?

You posted this two years ago:
try the Hotel Maison Gautreaux... En Santo Domingo, Algo Distinto. for a good rate and a nice location

Tell them that David sent ya...:tired:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
You have me a bit confused Dakra. Didn't you post two years ago about how wonderful you thought the Maison Gautreaux is and didn't you also post a year or so ago about you making your 11th trip to the DR?

This post is over 4 years old.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

I guess you did not happen to notice DAKRA last responded in 2007?
The last post here was for some sort of Miami Beach French joint!

tambo'

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Calling Inspector Clouseau..... calling Inspector Clouseau

10zpe88.jpg

Bigears

Jul 15, 2010
I spent one night at Maison Gautreaux last year in January. I had planned to spend a week. The room they gave me on the second floor was a dump. The safe did not work. The staff was uncaring and did not address my concerns. I left the next morning. I do not recommend staying there. To this day I cannot understand all the positive reviews that this hotel has engendered.