Cable TV problems...Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Anyone else been having problems with Cable del Norte? For the last few weeks, most of my channels are scrambled... it started with a few, that seemed to change dilay, then got progressively worse. Now I only have a few working American channels. I get sound fine, but the picture is scrambled. It seems to mainly effect the american stations, yet some work perfectly.

Anyone in Cabarete, please reply one way or the other, so I can figure out of it's just my box, or maybe wiring. I asked at the office and she sid they were having problems in all of Cabarete...but that was a couple of weeks ago...

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Anyone else been having problems with Cable del Norte? For the last few weeks, most of my channels are scrambled... it started with a few, that seemed to change dilay, then got progressively worse. Now I only have a few working American channels. I get sound fine, but the picture is scrambled. It seems to mainly effect the american stations, yet some work perfectly.

Anyone in Cabarete, please reply one way or the other, so I can figure out of it's just my box, or maybe wiring. I asked at the office and she sid they were having problems in all of Cabarete...but that was a couple of weeks ago...
I got the same answer from the Sosua techie, that many of the channels were that way everywhere, and I accepted the answer until I noticed that the TV in the bar worked fine on those channels.
I phoned him back and he came by right away and fixed the other TV.
In other words, it's the "no hay" syndrome.
It's just easier to tell you that that's the way it is than listen to the mass complaints they are getting from these stupid converter boxes, which, let's face it, are inconveniencing us all.
I understand that the owner was tired of having his service stolen by everyone, but now that he has it under control, those of us who were paying in the first place are all being punished for those who used to steal it.
Before, if your signal was a bit weak, you'd get a bit of snow.
Now the whole channel scrambles and you can't watch it, so they must be getting 100 times more complaints.

JDPAPICHULO

Jul 4, 2006
I cant answer your question but I do have a questions for you and anyone else out there. Is there anywhere over there that offers directv? I live over there for a few years and remember in some campos I saw Directv dishes. I know that it is ilegal to have directv outside the US but I am sure they dont care over there. The reason I ask is because I can get you cheap directv service if your able to get a hold of a reciever and dish. If you are not familiar with directv and how it works I can assure you that as long as you can get a signal then you can get directv anywhere even in the DR. Well any questions or comments are welcome. THanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.