I would love some help...

Quisqueya430

Hi. I'm new to the forum, but I really appreciate some help. I was born here in Manhattan, NY. I came back in Aug. of 2006 from my yearly 3-month trip {since birth} to Bahoruco, Barahona, RD., only this time I came back engaged. I have always hated leaving my boyfriend behind, but now that we are engaged it hurts so much more. I decided that it would be a better idea for him to come over here, rather than me living with him over there in the campo. It makes no difference to us where we would live as long as we're together; however, if we plan on having a family, I believe the opportunities of giving our children a better future are greater here where I live, than in the campo he's lived in all of his life. Now, to get to the point... I was wondering if anyone can guide me in the right direction. I hear that the k-1 visa is a good choice to bring him here with. I have also heard that it doesn't take as long as the others for my boyfriend to come over on and I wanted to know if that is true. I also would like to know if it is wise to hire a lawyer to help you through the process, or is it a waste of money? To those who have gone through this process especially {or anyone else}, what are some things I can expect? What can I look out for? How would it be possible to show proof that we've known each other for more than 2yrs.? How can we show proof of our relationship, if we don't have any? ... ... ... If anyone can would take the time out to help me in this, I would really, really appreciate it.