Any Canadians gone through residency recently ???

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
Hello. :classic: Myself, husband and son will be coming down to the DR in the next month or so and we will be looking to purchase a villa in the Sosua area. I would like to hear from any fellow Canadains who have gone through/or are going through residency. I would like to know all the steps you have taken, and any that you recommend we do/don't take to make the process as smooth as possible. Things like ,"what type of information do I need to bring/ or have stamped" before we come down. I thank you in advance for your time.;)

alexgrun

Apr 30, 2007
I am also a Canadian and I intend to go to Puerto Plata in June to stay, I also need information on getting Provincial Residency, or do I need it at all to stay in the country. Also what is the cost ?

debbiedee

Banned
Oct 19, 2003
Residency can be easy to obtain or a real headache depending on the person you entrust your money in.....

I luckily enough have not had any issues in getting mine cause I fell lucky with the people I entrusted my money in...

I did my first residence with one lawyer who was politically conected and paid 700US and got it in one visit to Santo Domingo.

You have to reniew after 1 Year and my lawyer was no longer policically conected.... I found a new one who lives in Santo Domingo (I am in POP) and her only job is focused around residencys. This lady promised it would be done in 3 months for 700 US, and she kept her word.

I have to reniew again this August and I will be entrusting my money once again in her. The third time of renewal doesn't cost as much just a couple of thousand pesos.

Need more info I'll try and help you out. I am not the only person to use this lady she is well known within my work place

Just ask

debbiedee

Banned
Oct 19, 2003
PS most lawyers charge 1000us and promise it will be done within 6 months.... After alot of headaches, phonecalls and stress you never see your residence....