Boca Chica Photos

bill p

Aug 18, 2003
hey nice pics of bc. they bring back good memories. i was 2 doors down from you at the garant, i see you got joe in one of the pics . he was next door to me.maybe we will see u there next year.

vera

May 23, 2006
I do not understand the fascination with BC - it is a very very corrupted place - with very very low class tourism

bill p

Aug 18, 2003
i love boca chica, but i dont like ketchup on my eggs. do you?. diff strokes for diff folks

beberebozo

Feb 7, 2007
In my trip report which is posted here: http://www.dr1.com/forums/trip-reports/60315-boca-chica-2-20-27-2007-a.html I give several reasons for my choice of Boca Chica for my first visit to the DR. I would do it again. I saw nothing that I had not been exposed to in many US cities, including resort areas like Atlantic City. I'm sure it is not indicative of all the DR has to offer and thats why I keep doing my Pimsleur everyday. Next time I'll be more adventuresome and travel further afield. If you are an AI lover it really doesn't matter where you stay, AI is AI. If you seek limited exposure to and no interaction with local culture then why not go to Florida?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i like boca chica for its daytime activities. it's nightlife is really dead...

fernandodiaz

Mar 27, 2005
I love Boca Chica. Lived there for 2 and a half years. I was shown true kindness by the local people and loved our first AI holidays there too. To Vera, is the Dom Rep not filled with lower class tourism anyway?! Which part is high class?! They are all cheap package holidays at the end of the day. As for my fascination with Boca Chica, theres the beach that's to die for, the people that are so friendly, my hotel experiences were great and I miss my job at the Don Juan Hotel sooooo badly.
Dawn Diaz

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i like B.C. because i have met many friends there over there years. I like the fact that it is close to the capital ...so after a few days of beaching it...i can head into the city for for culture and urban life. I like the fact that i can hop on a guagua and go to juan dolio, or playa craribe or guyacannes for something quiter. I like fact that i can get a non stop flight and get there in 3.5 hrs. I like it when my friend (who used to be a cook at hamaca) comes over every night and cooks me amazing dinners...or i go to his mamas house and she cooks even MORE amazing dinners). i LOVE sundays when everybody from santo domingo comes out and has a grand fiesta on the beach. I like the fact that locals mingle freely with the tourists (and not ALL are out to hustle you) and that i am not in some gated AI where the only locals you meet are resort workers.

THey keep the beach clean...the water is calm. I love my swims out to matica where i hang out with the pescadoros.

Sure..the view of the megaport is nothing to brag about....but just to get away from NYC and hang out with friends i have known for years...in a familiar setting....the city near by if i want real night life.

and the entire trip is really quite affordable.

Are there better/prettier places...probably. do i consider BC a slice of real life in the DR...NOPE. BUt its close enough where you can experience the DR if you are adventurous and really want to.

just my thoughts.

they DO gotta work on the night life tho...i always agree with kyle on that one.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
jrzy, i'm sitting on a 372.00 ticket for May from baltimore. should i or shouldn't i ? bc is definitely a break from the vultures of sosua. where do you stay in bc ? francesco at el caucho told me i would enjoy this hotel. i usually stay at el candil.....

sawsky

Jan 12, 2007
were going too be at the el candil 1st of feb till the 29th hope too see you,s there great place boca chica love it

Everett

Jun 8, 2006
I will always like BC but will never live there again. It sure was fun and double-trouble crazy, wow!
Nice fotos - good memories and excellent trip report.