permission of father

nightrider

Feb 22, 2007
on reading replies i have received on needing fathers permission to take his son out of dr!!!....what be law if father not resident of dr and now of another country and also if i like to adopt son as mine?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I hope you realize you will have to support the baby, his birth father, and his father's parents.

Don't forget the Tios y Tias and their siblings.

tambo'

nightrider

Feb 22, 2007
I hope you realize you will have to support the baby, his birth father, and his father's parents.

tambo'
i better explain this better,the mother of son be living in uk with me, thats why i ask question of fathers permission, the father no longer resident of dr,i like to add he never married mother of child.....

Feb 7, 2007
It does not matter where the father lives. If he did not leave the "permission" with all seals and stamps to the mother, you are in for some trouble.

The mother would need to sue for the full custody. He would be cited to appear, and if he does not show up (I suppose) a default judgment against him may be entered. (Mr. Guzman would be able to elaborate further).

After the mother gets the full custody, she should be able to take the child out of the country. She might be required to periodically update the father on the whereabouts of the child, but I don't know how the DR law goes about it. I guess it might be stipulated in the trial agreement between the mother and the father. But the mother would either need to get the father's permit now, or sue. No other way around. So you are in for lawayer's fees if it comes to a trial.

To get the father's permission - If the father lives in Spain, he would need to get drafted a permition saying he allows travel of the child from TR to any other country (or a specific country) for a certain period of time/any period time. He would need to sign it at the notary public, get the local apostille (authentication) from whatever authority Notary Public is under, send that to the Spains ministry of foreign affairs for another authentication, send that to the DR consulate in Spain for yet another authentication and then take that document to the DR cancilleria (ministry of foreign affairs) in Santo Domingo for yet another authentication, then take that to the Ministry of Interior, Police and Migraciones for yet another authentications, and than with that paper with lots of seals and stamps the child would be able to travel. In meantime, you pay all the authentication fees, which are not cheap.

Second, you probably won't be able to adopt the child. If the baby was recognized by the father, as it was from what I understand from your previous post, the father has the father's rights. He would need to give up those rights for you to adopt the child.

Feb 7, 2007

tambo'

I don't know why he should support the father of the child and the father's family. In spite of all dominican sankyism and abuse that is seen around, I don't see logics in the father's getting the "money", he is not living with the mother of the child, lives in Spain and has his own family. One way is blackmail on part of the child's father to allow the child to travel, but the mother can always sue for the full custody.

nightrider

Feb 22, 2007
It does not matter where the father lives. If he did not leave the "permission" with all seals and stamps to the mother, you are in for some trouble.

The mother would need to sue for the full custody. He would be cited to appear, and if he does not show up (I suppose) a default judgment against him may be entered. (Mr. Guzman would be able to elaborate further).

After the mother gets the full custody, she should be able to take the child out of the country. She might be required to periodically update the father on the whereabouts of the child, but I don't know how the DR law goes about it. I guess it might be stipulated in the trial agreement between the mother and the father. But the mother would either need to get the father's permit now, or sue. No other way around. So you are in for lawayer's fees if it comes to a trial.

To get the father's permission - If the father lives in Spain, he would need to get drafted a permition saying he allows travel of the child from TR to any other country (or a specific country) for a certain period of time/any period time. He would need to sign it at the notary public, get the local apostille (authentication) from whatever authority Notary Public is under, send that to the Spains ministry of foreign affairs for another authentication, send that to the DR consulate in Spain for yet another authentication and then take that document to the DR cancilleria (ministry of foreign affairs) in Santo Domingo for yet another authentication, then take that to the Ministry of Interior, Police and Migraciones for yet another authentications, and than with that paper with lots of seals and stamps the child would be able to travel. In meantime, you pay all the authentication fees, which are not cheap.

Second, you probably won't be able to adopt the child. If the baby was recognized by the father, as it was from what I understand from your previous post, the father has the father's rights. He would need to give up those rights for you to adopt the child.
many thanks for informative reply...the way i see it be for her to have full custody of son,,i like to ask as father only seen son once in 20 months will that make a difference in mother requirements of custody of son..by which i mean easier for her.