Why no concerts on the North Coast?

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
It has been an absolute drought for concerts in the Puerto Plata/Sosua/Cabarete area.
Last year all the promenent Bachata/ Merengue artist were performing during the "Winter" period and this year nothing.
Is this another victim of the stupid curfew? Can anybody shed some light on this? Or are some of the performers getting too big to go to all the small pueblos?
I heard on the radio today that Antony Santos is performing in Puerto Plata on April 7th, but I coudn't figure out where.
Any rumors?

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I hear that Sergio Vargas is "trying" to either move the curfue to later hours or get rid of it.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
PLEASE say that it true!

Just back here...and found it totaly riduculous that the streets rolled up at midnight. I am sure specific zones could be arranged. (in non residential...perhaps tourist areas). Myself..i dont need to pull all nighters every night of the week....but considering i usualy finish dinner around 10pm...i would go out around 11 for a drink...and before you know it they were rolling up the street

Cracking down on crime is all good etc. But there must be some way to find a balance that works out for domincans as well as the tourists (not to mention the business folks who must be losing a ton of money).

2 am wouldnt be bad.

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
Maybe I can answer my own question. I passed the carwash in Sosua on the guagua yesterday and saw a huge Real Estate sign painted on at the front.
Is the Carwash for sale again after just getting renewed with new owners and management?
What is the problem? So you start a concert a little bit earlier than midnight or 1 am. People are still consuming booze plus they are paying at the door to get in. These concerts are usually on the weekend where the curfew is set at 2 a.m.
I am just looking for answers and I have no idea what the promoters are charging to set up a venue.
I am going back to Canada in about a month and I would like to see Frank Reyes once.