Dating in Santiago

No NonSense

Jan 22, 2006
Hi,

Haven't been able to post on the board because I am so busy so this is my first time.

So, I have been reading alot of stuff about the pro scene in Santiago. However lately I have thinking about the non-puta women or the non-pros scene in DR, especially for old gringos like myself (52yrs). The reason I like Santiago so much is because it has lighter skinned women. I speak decent enough spanish to have a good conversation.

Do the young women in Santiago like the men like myself?

Does anyone have any good tips or advice on Santiago?

Thanks

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
are you experiencing a mid life crisis ? low self esteem ? erectile dysfunction ?you wear protective undergarments ? do you need a daughter or a girlfriend ?

if the answer to these questions are no,

THEN GO FOR IT !!!!

and don't act like you're old. women respect a man who doesn't act like a whimp, even in the Dominican Repiblic...

Sep 19, 2005
To the op....some questions dont really have a clear cut answer...maybe..does apply!!

bob

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Nononsense, enjoy yourself and don't even think about your age. anyone can get a puta so be picky about the women you "want" to meet. another suggestion would be to contact some of the DR1 folks who live in STI. i'm sure they would be able to give you some good info....

Last edited by a moderator:

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
I speak decent enough spanish to have a good conversation.

Do the young women in Santiago like the men like myself?

Does anyone have any good tips or advice on Santiago?

Thanks

If you speak decent spanish then why don't you talk to them and find out.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
What is up with these "old guys" writing in with these seemingly "age minded" questions.....Bro, I'm fifty year old gringo, never married, no kids, work out, fly planes, SCUBA dive, drink rum and run game like I have for the last 30 years.

Once you realize the women of the DR know what every GRINGA wishes she did, the better off you'll be! Fifty is nifty if you're in shape and have a personality, a putz is a putz no matter how old you are and where you hang.

Speak Spanish, be real with them, show old fashioned RESPECT and you'll be more than happy in paradise.

djlawlaw

Jul 6, 2006
Although I am a little younger than you, I believe that you will not have any problems with the women here in Santiago. If you hang out in the right spots, you can not help finding a nice Dominican woman. Don't go to the average "tigre" spots. Not only will you be bored, but you will have to hang on to your wallet. The Ahi Bar is a good start.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
internet i also a great place for head-start before you arrive. There are more decent girls on the net than in bars. Ahibar is a good place to start but why not start with the net first and make friendship there before you even arrive here. Badoo is providing miracles for many here in the DR.
AZB

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
internet i also a great place for head-start before you arrive. There are more decent girls on the net than in bars. Ahibar is a good place to start but why not start with the net first and make friendship there before you even arrive here. Badoo is providing miracles for many here in the DR.
AZB

Stop giving away our secrets, hahahahahaha.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que has hecho?????......

AZB
Hey AZB, you know what will happen now?:

Your beloved Santiago is going to have a lot of foreigners visiting.

And we all know you hate seeing foreigners with Santiagueras.

What have you done?. Wahahahahaha!.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
santiago is not for foreigners. I used to worry a bit about a foreign invasion by expats and tourists but the truth is, santiago is not for outsiders unless you speak spanish and know dominican culture well. The gringos don't speak enough spanish to start a conversation with a santiaguera. These guys are so used to having putas fall on their laps that they have no idea how to even start a conversation with a girl here. If they are going to say something, its usually lame or stupid. The only girls they can get here are putas so we have little to lose in terms of good university educated girls. santiago is a big city so naturally we have all kinds of girls, from rich families to middle class to poor ghetto girls. Some how the tourists always find the ghetto girls to fall in love with. That is Ok by us. You guys can have them all. Take them away with you, marry them and have babies. I feel no competition from any visiting tourist here. So come and discover santiago, may all of you guys find a nice ghetto girl to take home with.
AZB

Sep 19, 2005
USUALLY any single male tourist going to the DR other than the beach resort towns is JUST looking for the chicas. I am sure few ever care about falling in love.....temporary lust maybe.

But I just cringe when you are all inclusive with your off the wall gringo -putas, generalizations!!!!!:eek:gre: :eek:gre: :eek:gre:

bob

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
what's the difference between ghetto, middle class, upper class in santiago ? they all look the same in bed :laugh:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I still insist that internet is the best way to go to meet quality girls. If a girl knows how to navigate on the net and use PC then she can't be all that dumb. Of course we have ghetto girls on the net too but you can see their pictures and talk to them on MSN messenger or phone to get a better idea. Many girls won't go for retired old guys but many DR1 guys are young and handsome. They have much better chance of meeting girls on the net than in a bar. I have met many and enjoyed wonderful weekends with them. I have friends who are scoring well on the net. These guys come here and the women are already waiting for them in santiago. These girls are university students and girls with good jobs, living in decent areas. Go to Badoo, www. tagged.com etc. there are so many sites to choose from. many girls speak very good english.
AZB

May 12, 2005
Many girls won't go for retired old guys but many DR1 guys are young and handsome. They have much better chance of meeting girls on the net than in a bar. I have met many and enjoyed wonderful weekends with them. AZB

Stop Aftab, you're making me blush.