Las terrenas, semana santa info.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Can someone give me some accurate info on some medium level hotels (not too expensive not too cheap, around 50 dollars / day or less) in las terranas. The hotels which much have availability in the time frame of semana santa( from this coming wednesday (4th april) till sunday). Please give details of the hotel and prices range and not to mention, phone number to call. Thanks in advance.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Most likely no vacancies.

Well, if the weather continues like this you might have a chance... ;)

m'frog
(who just lit the fire place)

Please mountianfrog, I am not looking for someone to just guess. I think I can guess better than you any day on many things. I wanted solid info, not some guess work. I just called a few hotels and guess what? Some are full and others have vacancies.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
If you called and found information why are you asking other people ??

another genius.
I waited for responses and when I didn't get any, thats when i opened up the yellow pages and internet and did my own research and made a few calls. But this came later. Now its not the same as someone from there who knows the inside action. I can sit here and make calls to hotels that I have no idea where they are regarding the area or how they are. I can only guess.
Now please, if you have no solid info, stay away from this thread. Thanks.
AZB

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Now please, if you have no solid info, stay away from this thread. Thanks.
That is precisely why I haven't posted... I don't work in tourism... I wanted to help, but really I don't know more... However, once you are offered some choices of hotels, we'll be happy to comment on the areas, the atmosphere, the restaurants...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
That is precisely why I haven't posted... I don't work in tourism... I wanted to help, but really I don't know more... However, once you are offered some choices of hotels, we'll be happy to comment on the areas, the atmosphere, the restaurants...

Thanks squat, I respect guys like. You had nothing to offer in terms of info, so you stayed away from this thread. I would do the same.
Anyway, I have no idea about las terrenas. I have been there once but many years ago. Its just a friend from Los Angeles coming over and he wants to go to Las Terrenas. I don't even know what types of hotels are there, the general lay out of the town and the stretch of the beach from where to where. In other words, I am going in blindly. Anyway, we will get there early on wednesday morning and see if we can find something, if not, we will go somewhere else.
AZB

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
I don't even know what types of hotels are there, the general lay out of the town and the stretch of the beach from where to where. In other words, I am going in blindly.AZB
I've never been to Las Terrenas, but I have been researching it for a trip later this year. This is the best site I found to check out a variety of accommodations:

Samana Net, Complete list of available accommodations in the town of Las Terrenas and vicinity, Saman? Peninsula, Dominican Republic

This map combo should give you an idea of the general area and the location of several hotels:Map of Las Terrenas Samana

I know several board members frequent Las Terrenas. Maybe they will respond later.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
what a grouch!!!! 50 hit you really hard?? huh? You really need a vacation AZB, good luck.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks for the link, it helped a lot. Now I know what to expect, in terms of the general layout of the town.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
It's there. Just click the pdf symbol on that page. Very nice map, by the way, thanks for the link.

Thanks for the (pdf) tip -- obviously I'm still computer challenged. I forget who sent it to me about four months ago. Someone on this site I'm sure.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
We are all computer challenged...

it's only a matter of to what degree. Nobody really knows how these things work. :paranoid:

scotpgot

May 26, 2004
www.jazzwriter.com
Re: Maybe a link that will help

The following link is for Bea: She works with many rental properties and might be able to find you something. I believe she speaks French, Spanish and some English. She knows the town pretty well and has a good reputation:

Villa for rentl

Tel: 809 240 5381
Cel: 809 885 4074

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
nevermind, I changed my mind from visiting las terrenas. now I will head to good old playa dorada.
AZB

bobytanmalo28

Jan 14, 2007
AZB, you are tha' man...your comments had me laughing hard for a good minute, on this Sunday morning...please tell me all about your trip, I'm thinking of going out to las terrenas or samana myself...."another genius" jajahaha, you are too funny...