Places to stay in Jarabacoa?

Nyeden

Sep 2, 2005
Hello, I would like to visit Jarabacoa, but there is limited information as to places to stay. Any suggetions anyone? We prefer the downtown, city area

thanks

Feb 7, 2007
My 100th post, so I hope it will be helpful!!

How many in your party? That depends, because with the right group of people might get you a better deal renting a villa then paying hotel rooms.

Go to this link, it will give you a list of hotels

Paginas Amarillas (List)

some recommendations:

Brisas de los alpes - very good mountain villas, 2000 pesos night for villa, with breakfast, but 12 kms from Jarabacoa (midway La Vega to Jarabacoa).
I know the administrator. This is really good place in nice calm area where you can really rest. If you got a car, this is your best bet.

Pinar Dorado - a 3 star hotel, 4 star price.

Hotel Gran Jimenoa - best bet, really nic, newly constructed rooms, nice grounds, on a riverside, 3 star, 3 star price.

PM me your email address, I can send you photos of these hotels, so you can decide.

Playero

Aug 24, 2006
As you mentioned to prefer a place downtown you might wanna check Hotel Brisas del Yaque, Tel. 574 44 90, simple but cheap.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Guest-House Jarabacoa

Close to downtown, reasonable and quite nice.
Guest-House Jarabacoa.
They advertise on DR1, and TimH is a frequent contributor to DR1.

Playero

Aug 24, 2006
Do you know if they have a website or pictures. thanks

I wouldn?t know of any. It is a simple hotel, but not lacking the basics. A/C, cable tv, 24 hrs power. The address is Calle Luperon, esquina Pelegrina Herrera.

gibbs

May 31, 2005
We just got back from staying 2 nights at Hotel Gran Jimenoa. Excellent hotel and great food. The included breakfast buffet can get boring.
The river veiw is also very nice.

We found a nice 3 bedroom apartment w/ 2 full baths for US $70.00 per night and were told that for longer commitements it is cheaper. If you want that info PM me.

Charlie

Nov 13, 2002
There is another guest house in the area of Motel Gran Jimenoa. All new,2nd floor. 4bedroom/private bath,cable,complete kitchen,dinning area, fireplace,high ceilings,Very spacious.Great for familys,PM me for contact info.