DR Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

donrc

Sep 30, 2006
Could anyone tell me what denominations of Pasos are in coin and what is in bills. Also if they except Canadian Visa cards.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Could anyone tell me what denominations of Pasos are in coin and what is in bills. Also if they except Canadian Visa cards.
Peso coins are in one, five, ten and twenty five peso denominations; bills are in ten, twenty, fifty, one hundred, five hundred, one thousand and two thousand.

Canadian Visa cards ...... any Canadians who can answer that definitively?

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Canadian Visa cards are accepted. Use your Debit card at any ATM and that also should work. By withdrawing on your debit card you are charged the one time transaction fee by your home bank and no other commissions.

jmac

Apr 22, 2007
pay with Cash!

In response to your question about using a Canadian Credit card in DR, you will find it is much better to pay with cash using either US dollars or DR money. The government charges 7% every time your credit card is used so most people do not use credit cards. It is easy to get money from the ATM machines which are there. I hope this helps.

jmac

G

gary short

Visa cards are excepted where ever Visa cards are excepted whether they're Canadian, American, Slovakian or Tibetan

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I"ve not heard of a 7% gov't surcharge. However some businesses will pass on whatever the credit card authorizing company charges them. In some cases it could be 7% - ask first.

Status
Not open for further replies.