De Mayimbe a Mayimbe: Anthony Santos & Fernando Villalona

NYC_Trini_Span

Sep 9, 2005
ESL Teacher

I teach English in both the DR and NYC. I teach my students to say "going to" but to expect to hear "gonna" in many instances. That usually leads to a lesson in Wanna, Coulda, Shoulda, Hafta, trynna, probly LOL

Its just like when i taught myself all this EstaS and M?S, only to move to DR and hear "E'ta" and "M?`".

'ta bien, no ;)

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Look out MAR the 'grammar police' have arrived on the scene.;) ;)

If I may interject then I would say that the use of the word 'gonna', as referenced above, would be acceptable in many circles as it is considered a contraction of the words going to.

Before I forget, I was wondering why the 'grammar police' failed to mention the failure to capitalize the first letter of the first sentence in the referenced quote?????????? Nothing worse then a drunk cop and as if failed to be mentioned by the second wave of the 'grammar police' it makes me seriously think that they only do this job on a part time basis.:bunny: :bunny:

Last edited:

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Look out MAR the 'grammar police' have arrived on the scene.;) ;)

If I may interject then I would say that the use of the word 'gonna', as referenced above, would be acceptable in many circles as it is considered a contraction of the words going to.

Before I forget, I was wondering why the 'grammar police' failed to mention the failure to capitalize the first letter of the first sentence in the referenced quote?????????? Nothing worse then a drunk cop and as if failed to be mentioned by the second wave of the 'grammar police' it makes me seriously think that they only do this job on a part time basis.:bunny: :bunny:

I'm gonna ignore them because I shoulda wrote it right from the beginning but I did it on purpose, I know howtta write "I am going to" :bunny: :bunny: yeeeaaahhhh!!!

anyway going back to the "Mayimbes", lol, I don't think I'm going, even though its gonna be, oops, its going to be just "Spectacular" "Espectacular", for those who don't like the combination of Fernandito and Anthony Santos, go ahead go see them, I'm sure you'll enjoy dancing and screaming along with the rest of the DomYorks.

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
... drunk cop and as if failed to be mentioned by the second wave of the 'grammar police' it makes me seriously think that they only do this job on a part time basis.:bunny: :bunny:

You are missing commas AGAIN!

S.O.T.N. as I have this grammatical problem it is of no help if you don't point out to me as to where these commas belong. In that other thread I said I had a desire to learn from my mistakes but if you only continue to voice my discrepancies without pointing me in the proper direction I won't get any smarter.;) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

NYC_Trini_Span

Sep 9, 2005
No cop here

Hey i'm no cop. Norma has been ticketing me all day! I was actually trying to support you !!!

No love, just no love...... :)

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Hey that Madison Sq.Garden concert was sold out very quickly that they had to set up two extra shows at the United Palace and all three were a success.

Anthony SAntos is still here and Saturday he'll be at a place called The Rose Castle in Brooklyn.

El Trentiuno

Jun 20, 2007
Friends citizens and country men lend me your ears. This is my first posting. I had elbow surgery yesterday, my arm is swollen and in pain so Im typing with one finger of my left hand and Im a natural righty...........Do you feel my pain.......... I am a real deal descendant of Juan Pablo Duarte by 5 generat ions. Thats like saying that I am George Washingtons great,great ,great,great, grand son. So what do I bring to my paisanos.....I bring sharp wit, personality and good looks, and what can be better than that..........ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for the image and self image of your nation

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Friends citizens and country men lend me your ears. This is my first posting. I had elbow surgery yesterday, my arm is swollen and in pain so Im typing with one finger of my left hand and Im a natural righty...........Do you feel my pain.......... I am a real deal descendant of Juan Pablo Duarte by 5 generat ions. Thats like saying that I am George Washingtons great,great ,great,great, grand son. So what do I bring to my paisanos.....I bring sharp wit, personality and good looks, and what can be better than that..........ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for the image and self image of your nation

Did your surgeon prescribed a cryo therapy unit for the....ouch elbow???? As far as being family of Duarte we require DNA test results.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006

Wait til the meds wear off and then come back to us.

What does that have to do with the Mayimbes?
Do you dance bachata or merengue? Do you like the Mayimbes??

I don't get it.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Any pics of the concert? Tengo mas de una ano que no se de Fernado villalona las time I saw hiw was ins Gurabito CC in snatiago last year for Mothers day, right before get got ill.