Derecho de autor

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
If I need copyright on a drawing that will later be commercialized, is ?Derecho de Autor? the right thing to get to protect the idea from being copied? Is it worth it, does protection really exist in this country anyway? Anybody knows: the cost, the process and time it will take to get the papers.:squareeye

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
For anyone in need of copyright (derecho de autor) here is what I did: I called 3 different lawyers for prices and they were all around $5000 pesos and was told it was a complicated process. I looked at the website for ONDA and the only fees were $100 for the paperwork, $175 for stamps, so I decided to go myself. I was expecting the normal Dominican government office where you wait for hours. 5 minutes and $275 pesos later my papers were deposited. You get copyrights the same day you deposit the papers but receive the official certificate 2 months later. Here is what you need to have copyrights on a drawing:

- Copy of the drawing
- Copy of Cedula or passport
- Fill out the application (available online)
- Description of drawing
- Stamps that you buy in the same office

To say the least, I was very impress with how fast the process was and how ?ladrones? are the lawyers! :eek:gre: