Mothers/Fathers Day

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
Just curious as I have not been in the DR during either of these two days, so I would like to know if there are any differences in how they are celebrated??? As in how overblown it is here in Canada or the US. I am a very happy mother but nothing makes me happier as when my hubby and son make me breakfast or pick me some wild flowers. I appreciate it more than if they simply just bought me them. Thanks in advance and have a super day. :classic:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Just curious as I have not been in the DR during either of these two days, so I would like to know if there are any differences in how they are celebrated??? As in how overblown it is here in Canada or the US. I am a very happy mother but nothing makes me happier as when my hubby and son make me breakfast or pick me some wild flowers. I appreciate it more than if they simply just bought me them. Thanks in advance and have a super day. :classic:
It's a fairly big thing here too, but celebrated on different dates than in America.
I believe Mother's day is the last Sunday of May, whereas it's the 2nd Sunday in May, in America.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Mother's Day" In The DR is H-U-G-E !!!!!!!!!!!

Every child MUST visit his mother on "Dia de las Madres"!!!

As for "father's day"! "no big deal"!

and we all know why!!!!
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Possibly the most confusing day of the year.
Whatever in the world do you mean?;)
re.jpg

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
I didn't have a clue that Mother's Day differed so greatly from country to country. I knew it was Mother's Day in the UK in March and I was a bit choked when my little girls came home with no cards or anything from school like they have in previous years. My partner was working away and it was around the the time of my birthday and I felt really rejected...... for about a week, till I was told it was on a different day...... silly of me really..... sometimes you just don't think of these things....

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
Awww

I am sure that when it is Mothers Day in the DR your little girls will know. Have a great day.