Insurance

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Hi Everybody,

Can anyone give me any information on insurance needed when employing workers in construction. Do I need it? Any information out there regarding Social Security in Construction Industry.

Thanks for your Help

is mikehunt there

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 18, 2007
Hi Everybody,

Can anyone give me any information on insurance needed when employing workers in construction. Do I need it? Any information out there regarding Social Security in Construction Industry.

Thanks for your Help

yes you do!!!!
the builder will typically put this on his quote and he should be able to show you the insurance document he will obtain after you pay him...at least thats been my experience....having built a number of homes already.
My current job...house extention is worth 25kus roughly! the insurance is worth $1300. This insurance is to cover his workers on your job!

further, and this is my way of doing business and protecting myself at the same time
*visit a lawyer with builder and have a contract written up; re the work you want done
*put in that contract that the lawyer shall veiw the insurance documents first before construction begins (why??...if you're unfamiliar with how things work here then it is best to pay someone who is!)

cheers
m

Last edited: