Wind turbines in Cabarete

skeates67

Feb 14, 2007
With an abundance of wind in the Cabarete area and mains electricity at a premium, wind turbines have to be a good idea.
Does anyone have any experience as to if they would work here, where I could buy one and how much one might be.
Perhaps solar is a better idea if considerably more expensive to set up. Or at least so I hear.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I'm sending this over to Environment ... there is a lot of information in that forum on wind turbines. Take a look around and do a little research on the board.

Feb 15, 2005

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
I have acres of property in barahona which would be ideal for wind turbines. Is there an email or number that I can call.
If you actually read the first entry listed to the end -- instead of spamming the rest of the Green Team blog -- you'd have found an email for you to use to ask questions about the wind turbine system discussed. :tired:

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Just make sure you don't install them on a tourist location / beach.
In Punta Cana the tourism minister stalled a whole project of the local power company because they don't look good on the beach and they are noisy, too.

skeates67

Feb 14, 2007
Thanks to all who answered. Shortly after I asked the original question I found lots of threads.
Cheers