Sofitel Nicolas de Ovando Santo Domingo

WBALKE

Jul 3, 2004
Good Day Everyone,

I am planning a short trip to the DR in a couple of weeks. I decided that I want to stay in Santo Domingo. I've stayed in San Pedro, Boca Chica and Juan Dolio in the past. My novia wont be making this trip with me, because she recently landed a job and is unable to get a vacation at this time. Can anyone give me some info on Sofitel Nicolas de Ovando Santo Domingo? Thanks in advance.

W

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I've stayed at both. If that is the more expensive one the rooms are beautiful. I had a nice time there. If you book online through their website it's cheaper. I don't know if you are going to have guests but they do charge. Any guest. I had to pay for my sister.

They have a very small gym and a pool. A billard table and a small bar. It's quiet.

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
Good choice!

Perfect location and a beautiful building. Didn't stay in the rooms, but was in the restaurant.

I really loved my stay at the Hotel Atarazana, but the Sofitel was the only one that was in competition.

Kaki

hicksy

Nov 25, 2005
Both Sofitels Nicholas and Frances in the Zona Colonial are beautiful boutique hotels. The Nicholas is the more expensive of the two and has a pool. I'm sure that you will be impressed. Yes, book on line it is a more frugal option.

hicksy

Nov 25, 2005
Both Sofitels Nicolas and Frances in the Zona Colonial are beautiful boutique hotels. The Nicolas is the more expensive of the two and has a pool. I'm sure that you will be impressed. Yes, book on line it is a more frugal option.