How to Fly Free to DR (if you got the time to spare)

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
While this is not really a secret or magic in anyway, this is just an idea that you can keep in the back of your mind for a future trip to DR (or anywhere).

When I visit the DR, I fly from Boston, Massachusets DIRECT to SDQ. The flight is normally 3 Hours and 50 minutes from gate to gate. The cost of the ticket normally is about $384 (which does includes all taxes).

My way to getting a FREE ticket is...... I try to book my flight on the 1st availble morning flight but (MUST be on a Direct) from BOS to SDQ. I know that the flight is always oversold and the chance of stand-by passengers is very high. But because I have a confirmed seat, I am OK as long as I do not arrive at the gate late and my seat is given away. I alway get to the gate early enough and volunteer to be "Bumped" - As soon as boarding is ready to begin, I get the call to return to the check-in gate for "Re-Ticketing"

- I am put on the next confirmed flight (Normally 3 - 4 hours later). I usually get put in a First Class Seat. I always get a Free Airport Meal Voucher (About $15 dollars) AND I get my Free Air Voucher worth $500 Dollars for my next flight.

While this may seem like a bit or work for those who are really trying to get to their next destianation without delays - It Is! - - but if it is Free, it is for Me!

Here is a Tip: If the Airlines "Bump" you, they reward you up to $300 in flight coupons on domestic flights and $500 for International. - Remember that flying from mainland USA to Puerto Rico is considered domestic and NOT International.

If anyone knows of any other ideas that could save us all money on flights, please share....;)

exek

May 26, 2003
www.cormega-central.com
been there done that wait u just reminded me I have a voucher to redeem

another thing to do is after a flight is send a letter to the ceo letting them know if you enjoyed or had a bad experience on your flight. sometimes u get lucky and get a voucher to use on a future flight. side note if your going to write about bad experience never put that u will never fly the airline ever instead put that you "enjoyed flight with them in the past/ or friends and family have always recommended your airline." that way they know they can offer you something to keep you as a customer.

Sep 19, 2005
well I am sure it doesnt happen all the time...a better deal is one that goes out of JFK in the morning....I almost took it a few times. they have a 6 am flight and a 7 am flight!!...I always thake the 6 am flight. But if you took their offer....and took the 7 am flight, youd only lose a hour!!!...but I have heard offers of only $300 and flight vouchers up to $500.....but usually it seemed the voucher didnt even cover the cost of the flight. and youd have to fly again to redeem it....so it is good for vistors tht fly a lot.

now days i usually use the fact they over book to get bumped to first class for free.

bob

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
I am getting closer to finding out ............

Fly any where any time, however Codotel does not provide continous service

It's your decision

What does "Codotel" have to do with this topic? ---------------- Help me understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 19, 2005
What does "Codotel" have to do with this topic? ---------------- Help me understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

global mikes Codotel problems are at forefront of his world these days

thus they get at least an honorable mention in every post he makes

bob

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
I saw quite a few

get deported is also a good way to fly to the DR for free :laugh:

During my last trip to DR, particularly in SD, I met 6 different guys who apparently had gotten a free ride home courtesy of the US Gov't. - It was odd because many of them felt that despite their crimes and the fact that they had served many years behind bars in the US, that the Gov't was unfair for deporting them. - - -

Just an observation..:ninja:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Low blow my friend ... remember Abramoff, DeLay, et al. Immigration shouldn't have sent those cons back to the DR, the Republicans will need their vote in '08 ... hmmmm, reminds me of Florida in '00.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
If you will come late to the gate even with confirmed seat, airline can refuse to transport you and they can charge you a penalty and fare difference in order to put you to the next flight. This can happen too.