La Romana for the 1st Time........

BobbyNJ

Jun 2, 2007
Please some help needed, I am taking my 1st trip to Domincan Republic at the end of June for 10 days, my friend from Cartagena Colombia is meeting me there in La Romana. I am looking for an apartment type place or hotel with 2 bedrooms that is within walking distance or no more than a 10 minute drive to the beach if there is a place like this just outside La Romana thats ok also.. Non all inclusive at a reasonable price, it would be a bonus if it has a pool for those late night swims. Thanks in Advance . Bobby

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Might not happen. there is nothing within a 10 minute drive. there are, as far as I know, no hotels, except Casa de Campo, with swimming pools. there are few aparta-hotels.
La Romana is Casa de Campo. If you do not play golf or ride horses, I'd suggest another destination like Bayahibe perhaps.
Even better go to the North Coast where there are beaches 10 minutes away from most anyplace you want to stay.

HB

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
I took a room at the Villa Iguana in Bayahibe. It could easily accommodate you and your friend and is indeed 10 minutes to the beach. Let me know if you are prepared to stay in Bayahibe (25 minutes southeast of La Romana) and are interested in any details. You can see the guesthouse at http://www.villaiguana.de/rooms.htm

Kaki

BobbyNJ

Jun 2, 2007
Thanks Kaki..

Hey Kaki thanks for your reply, it looks like a very nice place I wonder if there are any condos or even a house or small Villa that they rent in that area or in La Romana. I want to explore all my options before I make a decision, thanks Very Much Bobby

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
I hope you'll post what you find Bobby! I might be interested in the future too. A condo near the beach? Sounds great!

Kaki

BobbyNJ

Jun 2, 2007
Hey kaki.

Hello kaki I guess that means fat chance hahaha, by Monday I hope to make a dicision thanks for your help. Be safe and have a great weekend. Bobby

vandee

Nov 26, 2003
call maria ventura at 809-440-7732. She handles Casa and LaRomana and if anyone can find you a nice place, she's the person. BTW, in La Romana go to the french bakery for breads and deserts. Great place. Go past the police station (it'll be on your right as you pass), then take a left at the Scotia bank and then the bakery is on the right. Also, LaCasita for dinner one night. Also great.