Best Cheapest way to get from SDQ to PUJ not BUS

imlooloo

Jun 4, 2007
We had planned on taking the bus but one of the party now is very much against it so here is what I got. I have searched and emailed a couple people for rates but need some more help.

Got 4 people coming in on the 13th at about 6PM of June. Need travel from SDQ to PUJ and they MUST be back in SDQ by 830am for the flight home. The time makes the couple scheduled flights not work leaving and coming back.

I understand that the direct flight from the states to PUJ would have been better but we have to fly into SDQ.

We would like to fly if the price is right but I need a reputable pilot company to deal with PLUS I don;t want to spend a bunch of cash that we don;t have. Is it better to find a local taxi service for the drive out or can someone get us hooked up with a company that can provide service for us? Let me know. Thanks!
Luke

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Let me see if I've got this straight.

You're arriving on the 13th at 10pm at SDQ, which means you'll be out of the airport around 10:30pm.

Calculate 3:30 hours to PUJ, meaning you'll arrive there around 2:00am.

If I'm following you correctly, they have to be back in SDQ for an 8:30am flight which means they have to be there by 6:30am, which also means you'd have to leave PUJ around 3am.

I don't know but this flight schedule doesn't make too much sense to me...

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
this sounds like a nightmare. You should tell that ONE person to pay for any and all extra expenses that their preference will cost the rest of your travel party. Better yet...tell them to stay at home.

imlooloo

Jun 4, 2007
We arrive on Delta at 6PM in SDQ.
Our flight leaves SDQ at 10am on the 18th.

We need to get back and forth in decent time

This is what we have to work with. Thanks for any input!

Feb 7, 2007
OK, here's the deal. The taxi (not airport taxi) would cost you US$150 if called from Santo Domingo. I can get you a taxi from Higuey (one that I always use and some people on the board as well) for US$110 (3.500 pesos).
You will pay about 1000 pesos more with taxi than taking a bus.

When taking a bus, you pay:
From SDQ airport to bus terminal: 1000 pesos
Bus tickets for 4 persons: 4@250= 1000 pesos
Taxi from bus terminal in Bavaro to your hotel: about 500 pesos
So taking the "bus" way costs you 2500 pesos. Calling a taxi costs you 3500 pesos. Let the person who wants a "taxi ride" to pay for the 1000 pesos extra.,

If you decide to call a taxi, you have 3 options:
A: Taking an airport taxi (expensive)
B: Calling in a taxi from Santo Domingo, Boca Chica, etc.
(e.g. Aerotaxi, Apollo Taxi, Taxi Rey, etc.) = about 150 dollars for party of 4
C: Calling my taxista from Higuey = 110 dollars (3500 pesos), any special services (extensive stops, etc.) are extra.

If you want to take the option C, send me a PM and I send you the taxista's phone number so you can contact him.

P.S. I do not provide transportation service, only can help you out with a person who can give you a cheaper rate because I do a lot of (taxi) business with him.