Road to Licey

C

Chip00

It looks like they are doing major changes to the road to Licey from Santiago just outside of town past the light at the Ave. Rafael Vidal. I don't know the extent but it looks like they are widening the road and adding major drainage improvements.

I believe the road will be extended all the way to Licey proper with 4 lanes but I am not sure. Don't be in a hurry for them to finish soon - this could be a "while".

Expect severe traffik delays depending on the time of day and whether the Amet plans on showing up.

The alternate routes to Licey/Moca are the highway to the capital and the Ave. 27 to Tamboril. There is a road from Don Pedro(between Santiago and Tamboril) that goes to Licey and from the Autopista one can enter at the airport to get to Licey.

Sep 19, 2005
in the area they are now...the Route 14 is passable with little delay after about 6pm or so each day...of course where they are now there was a side parralel road, once they move on towards Li Cey more they will loose that short bypass....they are putting some huge pipe in before they widen it looks like. When it was raining a lot last week it was a mess even after hours.

The kicker was they went ahead and started some repairs on route one(AUTOPISTA) as well!!!!!!!!!! and they were pushing all the Santiago bound traffic over into one of the TWO other east boaund lanes.....so in the day you got caught in some construction no matter what route you took( dont know about tamboril-santiago)( although seems like a LONG way around)

last week for all those coming from Li Cey and heading west into Santiago during the day, they split you off route 14 at the Don Lindo Super Colmado...and you make your way south then west then north, before you got back onto the first light you usually hit in santiago(not far from Mr Movie)s ...took about an extra 20 minutes....

yeah that construction is going to drag for years!!

bob

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
When I saw the thread title, I thought it was a review of an old Bing Crosby & Bob Hope movie...;)

C

Chip00

Bob, why do you always spell it Li Cey?

Because he is a "closet" Liceista!!! hahahha

For you non baseball types the chant goes "Li - cey, Li - cey, Li - cey".

(Sorry Bob couldn't refuse - Chip)

Sep 19, 2005
Iam not sure where I picked that up.....and chip.....I am NOT BLUE!!!!

Al Medio Licey......it is isnt it?

its all smoke and mirrors anyway ha ha ha ha

bob

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I thought it was a way of preventing it from reading to rhyme with 'dicey'.

The correct name is Licey Al Medio - does anyone know why? And what, if any, is the connection with the Santo Domingo team?

C

Chip00

I thought it was a way of preventing it from reading to rhyme with 'dicey'.

The correct name is Licey Al Medio - does anyone know why? And what, if any, is the connection with the Santo Domingo team?

Licey Al Medio's name I understand from the local comes from the fact that it's between Santiago and Moca.

The baseball team of the same name supposedly comes from the fact that a long while back a baseball team coming from the capital to Santiago stopped to take a swim at the creek in Licey and were impressed with it so decided to name their team "Licey" - as far as the truth of this belief, well all I have to say is we are in the DR!

Sep 19, 2005
I heard it was because LICEY is half way in between Moca and Santiago...thus Al Medio...
and the connnection to the baseball team is only because chip knows I am a die hard Aquilas fan...who end up playing the LiCEY TIGERS in the Dominican winter league finals most years..

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
Ecological Disaster No brains they are placing those pipes I bet water is going to be dump into the river. Since most of Licey dumps the sewerage a least from the laundry room this is comtaminate waste. The Same happens in La Chivayou should see the amount of suds.