Hotel Mercure

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Anybody got the skinny on this hotel?

Saw it on my last trip and ate in the restaurant.....

Looking for info on rooms / security, rate seem great for the location.

Any help appreciated

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
rooms are very nice, but pretty small. Clean, AC, safe, cable, big bed, etc. Breakfast buffet that's included in the rate is good. They are guest friendly...staff is nice. Check their website for great web-specials.

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
Mercure Hotel

My last stay in the Mercure was in April 2007. I have been staying at Mercure since the year 2003. I have no complaints and the Mercure is girl friendly. The chica must have ID. My internet rate was $44 a night with breakfast included. I like staying on El Conde since it has many offerings i.e. chicas, food, drink and etc. Don't use the Mini Bar it's pricey. What I do is buy a Polycanvas cooler you can stuff in your suitcase and fill it with ice from La Despensa next door and you can have a cool drink anytime. You can get ice from the Mercure's bar also.
Mercure's bar and restaurant is not bad if you don't want to leave the hotel.
Although the room was small for the price and location I would stay again.
I also stayed at the new Quality Inn by the airport for about $85 a night very clean, good size room and picture perfect view of the ocean. Excellent hotel all they need is to place a fridge in the room.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Mercure--good value

I have only been to SD twice, but stayed here each time. Yes, rooms are small, but great location and good price. I have also visited the large Renaissance hotel and realized it could be almost anywhere in the world.

At the Mercure, you are in the heart of the action--I like it.

Yes, prepay on line for the best deal. I have not tried the "chica" angle, but I will succumb some day I am sure.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
I stayed there 1 night during my trip to SD. It was OK and the even sent a taxi to pick me up at the airport. I am sure that most anyone can get a taxi at the airport, but at least this guy had a sign with my name on it.... very nice

The hotel was OK. The hallways smelled like disenfectant - The mini bar was PRICY - They did not really have problems with guests but they must have an ID. I did not like the fact that the photocopied my passport!

The price I paid was $49 for 1 night. - - - Now I stay at another hotel down the street for $30 per night..... want more info on this? - send me a PM

:ninja: