Reliable taxi service from SDQ airport to "downtown" SDQ?

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
If you have a name and tel. # for a reliable taxi service you have used in the past in SDQ, I would love to have the info.

Thanks! Dave

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
My Choice!

While I am in SDQ, I always use Tony's Taxi Service 809-772-6551. He is wonderful and came highly recommneded to me. I have always used him and is outstanding! - Best of luck:bunny:

mb2

Mar 2, 2005
I use Ruskin Peguero - his cell is 809-765-4654. He has never ever been late once, and is a super nice guy to boot.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Taxi's Should be about the same price!

While there are many opinions about taxi rates, here is my 2 cents.

First: I am African American and do not speak Spanish and While I could possibly pass as Dominican, I feel that I have never been ripped off by a taxi from the airport.

I have arrived at 2 in the afternoon and the rate was $30 USD

I have arrived at 6 in the evening and the rate was $30 USD

I have arrived at 11 at night and the rate was $35 (that is because I tipped the guy $5)

many people will tell you that the negotiate with the taxi drive and get really low rates - That is a Good Thing! - But for the most part, expect to pay about $30 for 1 way to the SD hotel areas.

DAKA:glasses:

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
There are plenty of taxis waiting right outside the main exit doors of the terminal. They are part of the sindico that services the airport and are just to the left as you go down the ramp. Usually the sindico rep will spot you and ask if you need a taxi. With the latest increases in the price of gasoline, the current fare into downtown SD is $35usd. We were there just 3 weeks ago when we returned to the island. If you speak Spanish you might be able to argue it down some. You might also luck out and catch a taxi that has just dropped off an arrival and is returning to downtown. In that case the fare may be cheaper.

You don't need to call a taxi unless you have a favorite one who transports you and gives you a MUCH better price. We have regular drivers who haul us around SD when we're in the capital, but find it's much easier just to grab a cab there at the airport.

mb2

Mar 2, 2005
That's correct - the current rate is $35 - it used to be $30, but gas is much more expensive then just a couple of months ago and so now $35 is what the rate seems to be.

jcrew20

Jun 22, 2005
I take Taxi Vegano Tel: (809) 685-5584 Cell: (829) 410-1453. 700 pesos for taxi from SDQ airport to SDQ city center and includes bus ticket to La Vega.