Expreso Bavaro - Santo Domingo at PUJ Airport?

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Hello everyone,
next week Wednesday I am flying into PUJ airport around noon and I want to get to Santo Domingo.
From a previous thread I learnt that the Bavaro - Higuey bus passes outside the Punta Cana airport (1 per hour).
Does the direct Expreso Bavaro - Santo Domingo also stop at the PUJ airport?or do I have to take a taxi to Friusa terminal in Bavaro and take the Expreso from there?, or can I take a taxi from the airport to Beron and take the direct Expreso from there?
Thanks,
Bartolomeo

Feb 7, 2007
Hello everyone,
next week Wednesday I am flying into PUJ airport around noon and I want to get to Santo Domingo.
From a previous thread I learnt that the Bavaro - Higuey bus passes outside the Punta Cana airport (1 per hour).

Bavaro-Higuey bus does not pass any close to Punta Cana airport. They pass via Veron. There is bus Punta Cana - Higuey that MAY pass close to the airport, but I am not sure neither about the schedule nor whether it actually does.

Does the direct Expreso Bavaro - Santo Domingo also stop at the PUJ airport?
Again, the expreso Bavaro - Santo Domingo passes via Veron, and does not detour to the airport. There is a Punta Cana - Santo Domingo expreso, but it is maybe 1 or two busses per day, again, I am not sure about schedule, nor whether it does actually stop AT or BY the airport.

or do I have to take a taxi to Friusa terminal in Bavaro and take the Expreso from there?,

Your best option. If the expreso is gone, take a bus to Higuey and then from Higuey to Santo Domingo. Bavaro-Higuey bus leaves you in front of the Santo Domingo terminal (2nd stop in front of Basilica).

or can I take a taxi from the airport to Beron and take the direct Expreso from there?

No expreso stops in Veron, so you get to Veron you need to take the regular (caliente) bus to Higuey (which really is caliente, no AC) and then bus to Santo Domingo.

Feb 7, 2007
If you decide to go the Taxi-to-Friusa way, advise me by PM. I can send you a RELIABLE taxista from Higuey who can go pick you up and bring you to Higuey for the same price a taxi to Friusa from the airport would cost US$30). Comfortable and quick ride, AC. He drops you off in front of the bus terminal in Higuey. PM me if you are interested.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
to stay on reasonable costs i would also recommend to take a regular bus (guaguag caliente) or the above mentioned private taxi to higuey, they drop you at the terminal where at every full hour(starting 7AM) a expresso starts to santo domingo. no expresso stops in Veron to take passengers, there you would need a cabbie from the airport to the expresso staion at Friusa.
have fun
Mike