any advice on finding good dominican women?

rytter

Jul 10, 2007
i went out with a dominican girl for 3 years just to find out she was cheating on me with my best friend.. im an italian american, and i just wanna find a nice dominican girl, because their culture is just amazing, and i wouldnt want any other girl..im getting lonely now =\

dunno, any tips?

anyone?

please?

:ermm:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Cheating girlfriends can happen in any culture so go on vacation. I think I said this already. Learn Spanish and if you are really lucky you might find someone nice but not likely on DR1 since the majority of members are not Dominican and the ones that are might not be interested in hooking up relatives to a stranger.

jmsunlinenet

May 24, 2005
Assuming that you can speak Spanish reasonably well, you might find a nice Dominican girlfriend practically anywhere. There is no shortage of attractive young Dominican women who would like a non Dominican boyfriend.

One of the catches is that many have children or babies, but when you find girls who have avoided giving birth, they may well be more intelligent and more ambitious, and those are probably the ones to focus on. Usually, of course, they will be looking for an opportunity to advance materially, so if you are well off, single, and have a nice home and no kids, that is a huge plus in their eyes.

My novia has many friends who are interested in meeting a novio. These are nice girls who are not putas, some of them are college students, but all of them are poor.

Sep 19, 2005
well if you found one and think that they are all cookie cutter stamped, then you really should keep looking where you found the first one. I think going to the DR and trying to find one is an insane proposition...take this from a guy WITH a dominican gf in the DR.......

believe me because one did it doesnt mean they all do it....and that IT can be ANYTHING that any woman in the world could do...

I dont understand how people can think that a person can find good qualities in a person and expect that most or many of any other people from the same place will be similar!!!!!!!!!!

peoples minds are not like their skin and hair!!!!!!!!

the woman cheating on you might have more to do with you than her nationality....MIGHT....who knows...life is too dynamic to pin down to such small details.....its the whole package that matters......good luck

bob

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
My advice:

1-Don't take a girl that has kids. There are too many reasons to list, but I strongly advise adhering to this.

2-No girl that lives in a tourist area, or in easy traveling distance from one should ever be considered. Sure, there are good ones everywhere, but you won't find one there. You, meaning a newcomer.

3-You need to speak Spanish. Any girl that speaks English will run rings around you at this point in your DR life.

The best thing for you to do is get a car and a map of the DR. Just drive, until you are lost. Then drive some more. Then check the map, see where you are. Then look for a town with a decent amount of people, with absolutely no gringos, then you are in the right place. Find a hotel or private residence and start looking.

You will have to put in some serious time, as the girls in these places are not putas, and the families are usually very serious about the girl's future.

You might think I am joking, but this is how I found my wife.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
1-Don't take a girl that has kids. There are too many reasons to list, but I strongly advise adhering to this.

that's gonna be a difficult task.

and of course one major difficulty would be dealing with the child's father.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

The difficulty might be FINDING the child's father, not dealing with him.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Se va, se va y se FUEEEEE.......

I think some of us are ASSUMING here.

I think the guy wants to find a Dominican girl in his country and not the DR.

Am I wrong senor?.

jmsunlinenet

May 24, 2005
The chances of finding a good Dominican woman in the US are slim, because she will have been corrupted by US culture of overeating, materialism, etc. You might try a church where Dominicans go.

I agree with what SKY says above, except that I think it is exaggerating to say that there are no good girls living in tourist areas. For example, between Puerto Plata and Sosua is the township of La Union (near the airport). This was built about 17 years ago, and many of the families that moved in there 17 years ago are still there, and form a very tight knit community, where prostitution is strongly frowned upon. So what I am saying is that you have to go a bit more into the girl's background and culture to know what you are dealing with.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
I am so done with some of your replies!! Dont take a girl with kids?? Drive up to a town and start looking?? Let a woman put a request like this and you will all automatically tell her how bad she was done by a Sankie!!

My advise is the same given to WOMEN!! Use your judgement - BE LOGICAL ABOUT IT!!

What in particular are you looking for that you feel you will ONLY find with a Dominican woman? Whatever charasteristics in your ideal woman can be found but why ONLY in a Dominican womanl. I am totally confused as to why you being a non-Dominican man will only date a Dominican owoman.

Anyone looking for love in a foreign country or with a foreign culture (if you live outside of the DR and want to only date a Dominican - man or woman) to me is hiding something or running from something else, even if it is himself.

Maybe I'm being a total skeptic here, but this type of thing does not sound right to me from anyone. And for everyone to give freely tell this man to go to anytown in DR and start looking like a descent woman is going to pop out of hut and just jump into his arms is amazing to me.

If she is worth anything, she wont even look your way. The only one that said something with some sense was Anna. WE dont date men without any type or reference. Any familia seria Dominicana will NOT allow their girl to date some Gringo who is 'looking for love' just because. You need some other reference other than saying that your last love cheated on you and now you are looking for someone just like her.

This has bullshyt written all over it to me!

BTW - I am a VERY Descent Dominicana with TWO FORMIDABLE KIDS and I'll be Dammed if somebody considers me to be 'a bad catch' because of them!!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
De donde salen?.......

My advice:

MY OPINION:

It amazes me that in 2007 a person can post such garbage!!.

Don't blame EVERYBODY for what someone did to you!.

Not everybody have had bad experience with a woman with kids from a previous relationship.

PLAIN AMAZING!!!!.

Last edited:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
MY OPINION:

PLAIN AMAZING!!!!.

I would love to respond to your attack, but no one did anything to me. If you want a girl with someone else's kids, good luck. You will need it.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
One of the catches is that many have children or babies, but when you find girls who have avoided giving birth, they may well be more intelligent and more ambitious, and those are probably the ones to focus on. Usually, of course, they will be looking for an opportunity to advance materially, so if you are well off, single, and have a nice home and no kids, that is a huge plus in their eyes.

What in the world - how retarded does this sound!! Do you rather a girl that avoided HAVING the kids OR ACTUALLY GIVING BIRTH instead??? What are you saying here? any Dimbat with any sense can catch a golddigger a mile away. If he gets with a single mom that has no job and no hope, thats HIS bad for not thinking of how she was getting by BEFORE HIM! So to me, your statement is redundant and plain STUPID because of what it implies.

BTW - many intelligent girls/women get caught out there with an unplanned pregnancy. Those are the ones that rise above, child and all... if you are smart, you dont leave your brains on the delivery table. Those are the women that end up raising doctors and lawyers inspite of their circumstances. We are also the women that finish college a few years later, but still DO THE DAMN THING!!!

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006

Sorry I was assuming he was travelling to the DR for this Dominican girl.
Abroad there are many communities of Dominicans that fall into all different socio/economic classes, so just inform yourself.

The chances of finding a good Dominican woman in the US are slim, because she will have been corrupted by US culture of overeating, materialism, etc. You might try a church where Dominicans go.
hahahah you are a funny guy, NOT!!!!! Who are you???? to be talking like this.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
MY OPINION:

Not everybody have had bad experience with a woman with kids from a previous relationship.

PLAIN AMAZING!!!!.

Now that you edited your post to assume I had a bad experience with a woman with kids from a previous relationship I can respond to your stupid speculations.

I never was with a woman who had kids with another man, nor would I ever. Nor would I ever speculate on another man's personal life as you so much like to do.

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Now that you edited your post to assume I had a bad experience with a woman with kids from a previous relationship I can respond to your stupid speculations.

I never was with a woman who had kids with another man, nor would I ever. Nor would I ever speculate on another man's personal life as you so much like to do.

Never say never, the odds are against you. Not to mention that dating a women who already has kids has many different experiences then some one without. You don't know what you're missing, but that's your loss for being so narrow minded.

Good luck.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Aqui voy, Leon.....

If you have never been with a woman with kids, then what in hell are you talking about?.

If you are not talking from experience, how in hell do you know how it feels to be with a woman with kids.

I guess you are talking because of other people experiences.

Ever hear of "cada cabeza es un mundo" and "what's good for some may not be good for others?".

Now that I answered your "smart" post, replying to my "stupid" post, just know that for every ONE "con" you post for NOT going with a woman with kids, I can post ONE "Pro".

Not everybody is the same kid, and not everybody deal with people the same way, kid!.

Btw: I used to think like you when I was much younger (I am in my "90's", you know).

Then I grew-up.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Some people here probably not read enough of these threads. A lot of Dominican girls start having kids early. It is normal for a developing country. If you think you have found a girl without kids - how do you actually know that a little "cousin" of hers running around is not actually her child? ;) I would suggest trying to find an HONEST woman who would actually tell the TRUTH and not some fairy tale about her being so busy and have not meeting a man before you ;) Because if she knows how to lie - she WILL LIE to YOU TOO.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You know what, Migel is right. I changed my opinion. A woman with kids is perfect. This way you can pay for their education, medical needs, any other responsibilities that come with fatherhood. Not yours of course.

You can also deal with the possibility of some nice family outings with the Dominican father. I am sure he will just love you living with his ex.

Yeah Migel, that is the way to go. I apologize for my error.