What are the CHEAPEST airfare companies for NJ/NYC-Dominican Republic?

SunAndBuns

Mar 18, 2007
I am looking to go back to the DR in 3 weeks, and so far I see the best price is $432 2 way with taxes included from AA. I am sure there are other cheaper, budget airfare deals that would be better? Spirit seems to have it for 388 dollars, but surely, there must be something even cheaper?
Comfort, drinks, food, service, security, insurance does not matter to me. All I am looking for is something that can fly me over there!!!
I have been going every month to the DR, and these airline prices are really kicking my ass! An observation I noticed last trip on the airplane was that half the seats were damn empty!!! What a waste!
Let me know...thanks

S & B

visitador02

Jul 16, 2007
those Dominican airport taxes

I doubt any airline can do below $350. If you noticed, there is at least $150 of taxes; mainly the Dominican Republic side. So, how much lower can an airline go before actually being a loss revenue route?

You may try priceline or skyauction?

There were a couple of times that I did not go to DR because of the extra taxes. It was cheaper to go to Mexico.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I've just booked 8 tickets for people.........

...........with AA from JFK to Santiago from dates starting Sept 12th through December 13th and the total I paid for each one was as low as $297.00 RT TAXES INCLUDED.......up to $320......

......they were all under the "Caribbean Fall Sale" which I think ends on the 27th of this month.............

.......I bought them all last week, so I am not sure if the lower priced seats are still available........

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Cheapest airfare I've seen is from Spirit.....watching the web sales and being a member of the Spirit cheap seats club...I've been getting tix for around $230USD w/ taxes of $120.......but then, that's from FLL not NEW YAWK

Why is it NEW YAWKERS are always asking for cheap? I know it co$t big bux to live there....$4 large should be a walk in the park

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Look Out!

The world-renown Sun and Buns is back online!

Welcome back and hope to have you participate with us on DR1 often. (Just remember not to get to "off the wall" or to graphic and I am sure that you will stick around. :hurt:

The best deals at the momement appear to be from AA or Spirit. I would suggest AA since you get more for your $$. You may want to try Cheap Airline Tickets, Discount Hotels and Airfare - SideStep for your search.

Good Luck and play safe! :D

ps - I will be in DR 18 Aug - 2 Sep. Maybe I will see you there.

DAKRA

Last edited:

SunAndBuns

Mar 18, 2007
The world-renown Sun and Buns is back online!

Welcome back and hope to have you participate with us on DR1 often. (Just remember not to get to "off the wall" or to graphic and I am sure that you will stick around. :hurt:

The best deals at the momement appear to be from AA or Spirit. I would suggest AA since you get more for your $$. You may want to try Cheap Airline Tickets, Discount Hotels and Airfare - SideStep for your search.

Good Luck and play safe! :D

ps - I will be in DR 18 Aug - 2 Sep. Maybe I will see you there.

DAKRA

Hey there,
Im going to try to make it there in Sosua in 3 weeks before I start the new job. I went to sidestep.com and it seems that Wednesdays are the cheapest days to leave and come back for some reason. Are Wednesdays cheap for you as well? What days do you find are the cheapest?
I will be going there for a repeat GFE experience (I just got back from Sosua 3 days ago, did you read my trip report on I.S.O.C?) I was there for 8 days and visited her family shackle. They fed me everyday and never asked for money.
Good to see you again and thanks for welcoming me back Dakra :D

S & B

SunAndBuns

Mar 18, 2007
...........just be patient.......they will. :cheeky:

I have been told by the entire crew of insearchofchicas.org that the girl was going to dump me if I didnt take her shopping and gave her money. The admin of the site stated that I wouldnt be with her more than a few hours at the most. Well it apparently turned out that she stayed with me the entire 8 days of my trip. She did briefly asked the 2nd day on the google English-Spanish translation if I could buy her a cell phone because the one she had was her brother's. I replied bluntly that I do not have a lot of money, that I am there to spend time with her and get to know her more better, not to go shopping, and that if she did want to go shopping, there were plenty of other sucker Gringos who are more than willing to do this for her. She read my reply, and gave me a deep, long hug followed by deep kissing!
The rest of the 8 days were nothing but bliss, love, and happiness. We went to Mount Isabella on the top. She showed me her family and they took good care of me when I got sick. They did the laundry for me and let me sleep in the master bedroom with the fan and TV on. The chica dressed me and bathed me, gave me a great massage. It was like being a baby all over again!

drny

Jun 12, 2007
The rest of the 8 days were nothing but bliss, love, and happiness. We went to Mount Isabella on the top. She showed me her family and they took good care of me when I got sick. They did the laundry for me and let me sleep in the master bedroom with the fan and TV on. The chica dressed me and bathed me, gave me a great massage. It was like being a baby all over again![/QUOTE]

Sounds like the type of vacation we dream about. Now wake up and tread lightly. Looks like they got you right where they want to.

SunAndBuns

Mar 18, 2007
The rest of the 8 days were nothing but bliss, love, and happiness. We went to Mount Isabella on the top. She showed me her family and they took good care of me when I got sick. They did the laundry for me and let me sleep in the master bedroom with the fan and TV on. The chica dressed me and bathed me, gave me a great massage. It was like being a baby all over again!

Sounds like the type of vacation we dream about. Now wake up and tread lightly. Looks like they got you right where they want to.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying now I am emotionally/financially vulnerable because I grew to trust this family so well? Could you give me some good hypothetical case scenerios as to what they can do that will make me regret being with the girl?
Apperciate it...
S & B

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007

Ah jeeezuz....I shoulda known.

They "took care of him", "let HIM sleep in the master bedroom" and "the chica bathed him etc etc....IT WAS LIKE BEING A BABY.....puhleeeeeeze dude

Lemmie splain you this, they took care of you cuz if you're dead you can't send them money, they let you have he MASTER BEDROOM so you couldn't "dink thier daughter" and she cared for you like a baby because YOU ARE A FREAKIN' BABY.......from the Boca Chica rash to the Sousa scratch....we gotta here this guys fanatsy crap.....may the ladrones find you and soon......

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
I just can't stop laughing!

:p
Ah jeeezuz....I shoulda known.

.......from the Boca Chica rash to the Sousa scratch......

It is 8:15 AM in the morning and I am laughing my ass off! - Pyratt you are tooo funny! - Thanks for the morning laugh. :laugh:

I am sure that Sun and Buns is going to behave himself this time on DR1. I don't think that we are going to hear anything that is too far-out, but I am going to wait and see.

Hey Sun and Buns, would you please go to the Trip Report section and post a full report so others can learn from your DR experience. We would all like to hear what you did, saw, and experinenced. That's how we and all others learn. (Just remember, to keep it rated "G")

I am just going to sit back and wait - but I did enjoy the laugh. (In fact, I am still laughing and laughing and laughing)

DAKRA

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
YOU ARE A FREAKIN' BABY.......from the Boca Chica rash to the Sousa scratch....we gotta here this guys fanatsy crap.....may the ladrones find you and soon......

Hahahhahahahahahaha, this is the reason why I start my morning with DR1.com. Hilarious!!!!

Sep 19, 2005
I dont know why but sept and oct are the months to get the cheapest fares out of AA.....all year long you pay from 435 to 545 RT and then those two months come and the price starts to drop...i have bought as low as 277 RT all taxes included in oct......this last year though AA had tried to keep the price constant around the 435 mark......the year before it yo-yoed a lot more..........

bob

Sep 19, 2005
POP badboy...I checked those sales and there were no flights from NY to STI included.......I see Punta cana and POP.

do you have a typo in your post or is it possible they sold out of the STI flights????

bob

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
You slept in the master bedroom of a corrugated tin roof shack. The amenities must of been outstanding.

Did they have that bug tape hanging from the lightbulb with all manner of vermin still buzzing on it? It does take a while for a flying insect to die while trapped on that tape and it must of made for a bad nights' sleep.

On ISOC it has already been proven that this girl you are in love with is a prostitute who goes to Disco Classico all the time and you have been given ample advice as to how to proceed but you seem hell-bent on taking this disasterous route regardless.

So please, keep posting because you are the laughing stock of ISOC and it seems you are headed in this direction on DR1 as well.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Nope.............

POP badboy...I checked those sales and there were no flights from NY to STI included.......I see Punta cana and POP.

do you have a typo in your post or is it possible they sold out of the STI flights????

bob

What I said is correct..............SO just to check, I redid the $297.00 one we got for someone from 9/12 to 9/19 (JFK to STI) and that one is now $345.00 with all taxes....(direct flight) (there are still non directs in the $297-315.area WITH TAXES INCLUDED)...... ALSO, sometimes the sales do not list all the cities....just some of them.....maybe based on your cookies in the computer or something......make sure you choose "show all cities" and if its not there, just do a regular roundtrip reservation quote.

The low fares may be sold out, but you have to try different dates....Try the AA website with the "fare and Schedule option" and then the "dates flexible" option to find the best rates................

..........Also, put your name on their email list and AS SOON AS THE SALES START, you have to purchase right away in order to get the low fares..........Remember, the eight we got at low fares were all purchased within the first few days of the sale and they ranged in dates from Sept through December.......You have to be able to plan in advance and be ready to ACT PROMPTLY when the sales start.........

Sep 19, 2005
ok...well I want to travel sept 1st...which is not in the sale apparently...the sale starts sept 4th.

second , I have been on their email list for 2 years ..i get every email they send I bet....I have the email about the fare sale....I chose the list of other cities....STI was not on it....then I just put in the destination and dates and i got S511 RT....but here is the kicker.

when I just went into my reglar AA shortcut( I fly a lot) and put in my dates the fare came out $460 RT.....

the sale COST ME MORE!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha

I am not flexible on my dates to save $100......I am playing with my vacation time and need to conserve it , for all the trips I take....so when I plan a trip it HAS TO BE THOSE dates. I am not going to loose a weekend of vacation to save a little money...

BUT I am all for getting a good price for the dates I am going

funny i went to orbitz and they couldnt even get me the AA fare for $460...they showed the $500 plus fare

NOTE all are NON STOP.....I donmt want to save $100 and add 8 hours to my trip( which cuts into my vacations days)

thanks for the reply

bob

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Pa' eso te lo digo yo......

Could you give me some good hypothetical case scenerios as to what they can do that will make me regret being with the girl?
Apperciate it...
S & B
I'll give you a bunch of "hypothetical scenarios":

Go read the whole "Sankies For Dummies" thread and comments!!.

I can picture them, while washing your clothes, saying:

"Ay papa', I hope this victim is better than the other ones. Let's be patient with this one and when he get used to "the good life", WHAMMM, he is TOAST!!!!!".

Here I go again:

"WHERE IN HELL DO THEY FIND THESE PEOPLE!!!".