Jarabacoa River Club

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Has anyone stayed at the Jarabacoa River Club yet? It is just outside Jarabacoa on the road to Manaboa. I took a tour of it last year but the rooms were not completed yet. They told me that they hoped to be renting rooms by April. The place looked really nice with multiple pools and restaurants. Thier web site has recently been activated (www.jarabacoariverclub.com) but as of yet there is no information about the description and rates for the rooms. I hope to be up that way in a few months with 4-5 people and would like to stay there if it's not to steep.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
You might ask TimH he lives in Jarabacoa. I do hope is is open for guest rooms. I'd like to see your report on it after the travel report you did last summer.
We are supposed to have a membership in it as part of our property purchase in Jarabacoa.

TimH

Aug 4, 2004
www.guesthouse-jarabacoa.com
Yes, it is open. Expensive rates though and they recently come up with all kinds of gimmicks. For instance now they want you to put on a plastic bracelet and have two different menucards with basically the same stuff on it but different prices. Pretty uncool for this area!

Further up in the direction of Manabao there is also another place. If I remember correctly the name is "Mountain Village Resort". After passing Pinar Quemado over the next hill and right before the bridge you turn right.
They have three or so bungalows finished, have better prices, friendlier staff and they don't have so many restrictions.
If you want to stay somewhere along the Yaqueriver in this area you should definetly check it out.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I was there last Saturday with Alida and Mom CB for a family reunion finction. I was impressed with how nice it is, and by it's unique-ness. It's multi-tiered, with multiple pools built on both sides of a white-water area of the N. Yanqui River, connected by a sturdy suspension bridge across the river. They had a buffet for 50 of us, and was very good. Unfortunately, it rained all day, so we didn't get to play in the pools or river.

Really a nice, interesting place. It's clientele must be mucky-mucks, based on the expensive SUV's in the parking lot without a Dom York in sight.

There were rooms there, but I didn't inquire about them since we were day guests (with a green wristband).

I will enjoy going back.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Request for Info

My email request for rates and availability recieved this answer: "Muy buen dia!

Gracias por visitar nuestra pagina.

Le informo que todavia no tenemos habitaciones disponibles. Le aseguro que tan pronto las tengamos listas le dejare saber a travez de esta misma via.

Si desea comunicarse con nosotros favor llamar al 809-501-3020 o al 809-656-0026.

Atte.

Jane Garcia
Gerente"
My spanish is not great but I believe they are not renting rooms yet and will notify me when they do. I think.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I was there last Saturday with Alida and Mom CB for a family reunion finction. I was impressed with how nice it is, and by it's unique-ness. It's multi-tiered, with multiple pools built on both sides of a white-water area of the N. Yanqui River, connected by a sturdy suspension bridge across the river. They had a buffet for 50 of us, and was very good. Unfortunately, it rained all day, so we didn't get to play in the pools or river.

Really a nice, interesting place. It's clientele must be mucky-mucks, based on the expensive SUV's in the parking lot without a Dom York in sight.

There were rooms there, but I didn't inquire about them since we were day guests (with a green wristband).

I will enjoy going back.

What are they charging for a day pass?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
:ermm:

I stand corrected. The cost, including a nice buffet, was RD$700 each.