Carnaval Del Pueblo

morena21

Sep 3, 2006
Just wanted to say thanks to Saskia for posting the info for Carnaval Del Pueblo - probably would have missed it otherwise!

Really looking forward to the live music.

Happy dancing folks!:)

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
What a fantastic weekend!

No problem at all Morena11! Did you find it OK?

Dominicanos were out in force, we had a prime spot at the front of the main stage ... Los Hermanos Rosario absolutely rocked the whole park, they were fantastic!

I will post pictures and some video later today

xx

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Sure was a great weekend and the weather was just perfect.

I have never seen so many Dominicans in one place outside of the DR lol!

They definitely saved the best act till last :)

morena21

Sep 3, 2006
Felt like being back in DR!

Hey Saskia!

My friend and I absoulutely LOVED it! The atmosphere was so lovely and for a moment there we felt like we were on holiday in the D.R. again!

We could see you guys representing way up front with your flags. We were at the back, dancing away to the Merengue beats.

Is it just me or did the day go by in a flash? Next year they should have the carnival over 2 days so we can all have twice the fun ;).

dominican_pequena

Aug 6, 2007
QUE LO QUE!!!!!!!!!

del pueblo was grrr8888 yesterday man, the fact that more of us dominicans turned up compared to last year just makes me feel so proud 2 be dominican and well homesick aswell also 2 see los hermanos rosario live im speechless, it sure does feel like being back at DR, felt like being back home in san pedro de macoris. I wonder where have all the Dominicans been hiding in london, it so hard to find Dominicans. i hope everybody had funn yesterday.

pleeaasee keep in touch everybody

un besoooo

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Anyone interested in another merengue band

There is another merengue band 'Merengada' playing this Sunday 12th August in Enfield's Hillyfields. It is a free afternoon, the band are the only merengue band in the UK merengada: uk salsa and merengue band -official website, its only a few hours in the afternoon but last year it was really enjoyable, especially if the sun keeps shining!

Sorry guys - there is no way it will top Los Hermanos Rosario but least its Merengue!;)

rodolfo

Aug 7, 2007
hi im new to this site not exactly sure how it works but i was at the carnival de pueblo too in the front with the big dominican flag representing.the atmosphere was absoloutly mind blwing waht a fantastic day it was.any other dominicans in london on this site get in touch.................ps quien huelio el humo?

rodolfo

Aug 7, 2007
No problem at all Morena11! Did you find it OK?

Dominicanos were out in force, we had a prime spot at the front of the main stage ... Los Hermanos Rosario absolutely rocked the whole park, they were fantastic!

I will post pictures and some video later today

xx
hi how do i viw pictures or videos of the carnival de pueblo cuz im new to this site and am not to sure thanx

morenita inglesa

Jan 7, 2007
Yes! Carnaval del Pueblo was amazing! Especially the finale with los hermanos rosario. We had a fantastic time and I was amazed to see how many dominicans were there. There are pictures on dominican connection
All those that went on to bar salsa will have to let me know how that was. It was a shame I couldn't make that part, next time eh?
Saskia, you might just see me on sunday, not exactly los hermanos rosario but I'm sure it'll be a nice day all the same!

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Photos & Video

Photos and a video of the day can be found on our photo blog and many more on Dominican Connection

Rodolfo, my husband is Dominican, Jonathan. We were also at the front of the main stage. You can contact him by pm me otherwise check out the shout box on dominican connection many Dominicans are now keeping in contact on that site. I know Luis is working really hard with the website and photos of Sunday are being added all the time.

Sunday 12th August at Hillyfields in Enfield will be a nice afternoon, a couple of Dominican guys are part of the band, Merengada. Let me know if you want further information. ;)

Morena Inglesa ... hopefully see you both on Sunday xx

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
BTW not all the Dominicans who came to the Carnival on Sunday live in London, many travelled distances across the country to be there, which makes it even more special that there was such a great attendance of Dominicans!!:cheeky:

dominican_pequena

Aug 6, 2007
hi im new to this site not exactly sure how it works but i was at the carnival de pueblo too in the front with the big dominican flag representing.the atmosphere was absoloutly mind blwing waht a fantastic day it was.any other dominicans in london on this site get in touch.................ps quien huelio el humo?
hey im a dominican and i live in london in east london where abouts do you live.