Moca's beach?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Does anybody know about the cuento that Moca has a beach, Gaspar Hernandez, I think, that president Ramon Caceres deeded to Moca at the request of a young belle at a dance?

BTW, is it a nice beach and is there a lot of coral like at Costambar?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Does anybody know about the cuento that Moca has a beach, Gaspar Hernandez, I think, that president Ramon Caceres deeded to Moca at the request of a young belle at a dance?

BTW, is it a nice beach and is there a lot of coral like at Costambar?
I'm a bit confused.
Moca is in the interior in the Cibao valley, and certainly has no ocean beach, while Gaspar Hernandez is on the North coast and right on the ocean.
Which location are you talking about?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I'm a bit confused.
Moca is in the interior in the Cibao valley, and certainly has no ocean beach, while Gaspar Hernandez is on the North coast and right on the ocean.
Which location are you talking about?

Hey I'm confused too, haha - for that reason I started this thread. I heard it last night at the local colmado and I guess I should write it off as another Dominican cuento.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Moca doesn't have a beach, but the province for which Moca is its capital does have a beach, actually a few beaches along the north coast.

However, there is a "legend" that the area known as Las Lagunas de Moca, which is east of Moca in the municipal district of Juan Lopez, was once an actual lagoon, thus the name Las Lagunas.

Perhaps it was true.

There is another legend that claims that Saman? was once an island. Apparently its a true story since Christopher Columbus and a few other pirates hid their caravels in a straight between Saman? and the main land near modern day S?nchez in order to protect themselves from the arrows local indians were throwing at the Spaniards in an act of war.

Many old stories from the time of the early conquistadors are still being told in the DR.

-NALs

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Apparently its a true story since Christopher Columbus and a few other pirates hid their caravels in a straight between Saman? and the main land near modern day S?nchez in order to protect themselves from the arrows local indians were throwing at the Spaniards in an act of war.
-NALs

Is that anything like a "Strait"?

tambo'