Help And Advice Needed (casa En St Domingo)

british bulldog

Jan 21, 2006
I need some help on what to do with my house in santo domingo regards repair or not!.It is for sale. The problem is,im getting conflicting advice from agents and dominicans alike as to sell the house as is;( which is ok ),or to renovate it, newer windows ,kitchen ,bathrooms,patio, ect.I have been told, who ever buys it will want do it up for there own pleasure colour /of bathrooms ect,ect,and may not like what i may do,thus restricting my selling oportunity.i dont want to pay for a complete renovation only to find out later it was invain.This house i have been told will only sell to a large dominican family, due to its location and size,some people have approched me regards turning it into offices,but the offers were to low.So do dominicans prefer to buy a repaired /new house,or one in need of a little (TLC).:ermm:

Roberto284

Jul 2, 2004
Just clean it and fix it .. dont bother with renovations .. the price of a house its not only based on whats inside ... its based in a higher % of the meters proportion on where the house is built, the surroundings ..etc ..

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Where is it located>>? that could be a major factor.

Market is sort of mushy right now...

HB

british bulldog

Jan 21, 2006
It is located in el milloncito,solar 380sq mtrs/const 500sq mtrs ,4 hab/ 3 medio bano.3 blocks from ave 27.Some houses in the area have been on the market for 2/3 years,the area is fine but just not selling.the offers are silly,im not desperado,(YET);)

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
If selling is though now, renovating it will raise your asking price. I think above advise is right on the MONEY, give it a thorough clean... make the garden look nice, maybe a paint "face lift" so to keep competitive on the market.
Just give it a nice "first impression" flair.

... J-D.

british bulldog

Jan 21, 2006
With the world real estate market rises in the last 2 years why not the DR,it is still one of the worlds offshore havens ,still untapped,(risky)yes; unless it is just st domingo,i have seen punta cana /bavaro prices go crazy,can not comment on pop/samana area,but reports suggest dominicans flooding to the city,so in therey prices rise because of demand.Am i missing something.Anyhow what do dominicans today want when buying a house????????????????????????????????????????/