Food products

mark4604

Aug 10, 2006
Hello everyone, I have a question concerning food products. I am opening a restaurant in Santiago and I want to serve gyros. I have the necessary gyro machine but I cannot find the gyro meat or cones anywhere in the Dominican Republic. I would also like to serve a type of sour cream and chive French fry, but I cannot find that product either. Does anyone know of any restaurant supply stores in the Dominican Republic, similar to Sysco or Gordon foods? Perhaps another solution would involve a food importer or distribution company what could ship or order products for me. I have already contacted price mart but they were clueless. I would really appreciate any helpful suggestions.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hello everyone, I have a question concerning food products. I am opening a restaurant in Santiago and I want to serve gyros. I have the necessary gyro machine but I cannot find the gyro meat or cones anywhere in the Dominican Republic. I would also like to serve a type of sour cream and chive French fry, but I cannot find that product either. Does anyone know of any restaurant supply stores in the Dominican Republic, similar to Sysco or Gordon foods? Perhaps another solution would involve a food importer or distribution company what could ship or order products for me. I have already contacted price mart but they were clueless. I would really appreciate any helpful suggestions.
The following, are only my opinions.

Do not open any business in the DR that has you dependent on importing perishables on an ongoing basis.
At best, you could need to rely on imported bottled sauces or spices that have long shelf lives.
There is sour cream available, sometimes. (Pls. note the word, "sometimes")
If you cannot get the meat, cones, sour cream, etc you need, have it made/produced for you here in the DR, or do it yourself, or don't open that particular business.