TR- Albatros Club Resort in Juan Dolio

Coco Glaze

Mar 11, 2007
Well I just recently came back from a vacation in Juan Dolio. The area in Juan Dolio doesn't have much going on but their is company called Faenza tours that have excursions to different places everyday.

Hotel - The hotels is ok. The staff is excellent. The elevator door usually gets jammed open and prevents the elevator from coming up or down. The rooms are nice but as far as room service goes, it fairly sucks. The phone in my room didn't work my whole stay there. They don't give you a new bar of soap everyday and they won't give you soap and shampoo like every other resort does. There was one roll of toilet paper. My toilet paper didn't get replaced and I had to end up asking one of the cleaning ladies for a new roll when I was ready to take a dump. Their is a staff that entertain the guests of the hotel with all kinds of daily activities and they are very fun. The breakfast is crap, it is very lame continental breakfast. All they have is a few pieces of fruit and some pieces of some kind of sugar bread and toast. You can also order eggs and sausage to order but that is it.

The restaurant does make a pretty mean club sandwich and the bar at the pool makes a good Pina Colada. I had a lot of them. The hotel I would say is mainly for couples looking to get away from it all. Juan Dolio doesn't have much to offer other than the tours and excursions from Faenza Tours.

Down the street from the hotel, their is a pizzeria that makes a delicious large pizza for only 140 pesos. They also deliver. Giulas cafe right down the street has a bachata band that plays every Monday night. We checked that out, it was pretty good. BTW, if your going to travel in Juan Dolio, the best way is by Motoconche. Make sure you have bills of 20 pesos because the Hatians will tell you they don't have change. I ended up giving one of them 100 pesos because he knew I just came out of the ATM and was probably watching my transaction. OHH Well, you live you learn.

Faenza Tours - You can rent a car from Faenza Tours. Their cheapest car cost 40 dollars a day. Make sure you have at least 750 dollars on whatever card you plan on using because they will use that as a deductable in case anything happens to the car. I didn't have that much and was unable to rent a car. Ohh Well.

They have plenty of excursions to keep you entertained. I went on their Isla de Saona excursion and also their 4 Wheel Excursion tour. The Isla de Saona is a must, it was one of my most memorable experiences from my stay their. It only cost 59 dollars and includes a buffet lunch and all the alcohol you want. You first take a bus from your hotel through San Pedro de Macoris into La Romana and finally Bayahibe. At Bayahibe, you board a speedboat and that takes you to a natural swimming pool way out there somewhere. You stay at the natural swimming pool for 30 minutes getting liquored up on Rum and Coke. Then you take the speed boat for another 20 minutes to the Isla de Saona. Once you arrive the Isla de Saona, lunch will be ready and the entertainment will begin. You will basically be in Paradise once you get there. The have Coconut Trees everywhere and plenty of beach chairs for everyone to relax. They have about two bars with Liquor and refreshment. You stay one the island for a few hours and then you take Catamaran back to the pier where you boarded the speed boat. BTW, they continue serving alcohol on the Catamaran.

The 4 Wheel excursion was another tour I did which was fun. You basically take a 4 wheeler and they take you and other tourist through the farm lands and pour town of Guayacanes. You will eat sugar cane and pick Hobos. Becareful about those 4 wheelers, I almost got thrown off of mine beacuse I was turning to hard and the 4 wheeler went up sideways on two wheels. Had I not stuck out my left foot to push off the ground, the 4 wheeler would have been on top of me. LOL. You ride for about 3 hours. Dont be like me, make sure bring shades so that dirt doesn't keep hitting you in the eyes.

Putas - For those of you looking for woman, right up the street on Highway 3 is a "night club" called Illusions. When you go in there, it will be anything but a night club. They have some raggedy as speakers with a broken A.C. Unit with girls ready to make love. Me and my friend went in there just to check it out for 20 minutes to see what is this thing called
"Illusions". The girls got mad at me because I sat down to just drink a Presidente. They said guys just go in there to make love and thats it. I said bitch, I am here to drink a beer and see what is this crap called Illusions. The girls they got in there looked like they should, run down. I would rather jerk off in the hotel room then to sleep with any of them females. I drank my beer and left. It was a rainy night anyway. BTW, for those of you who want to know the prices, it cost 40 dollars to sleep with one right there or 120 dollars for you to take her to your hotel and spend 24 hours with you. I guy from the hotel that I talked to said your better off taking them to your hotel room because at the little rooms they got in the back of the club don't have running water. I guess he didn't wash up afterwards.LOL. I wouldn't recommend sleeping with any of them anyway because I was told they all have diseases.

Internet and Call Center - They have an internet and call center right down the street before Faenza Tours. They have good service and their is a cute bartender their named Yesy. If your their, tell her that her bald friend Dom says wazzup.

I have more to say but my fingers hurt so that is all you gonna get from me. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Peace Out

Last edited:

DanaP

May 23, 2007
and....

what about your cool friend Dana you met at the Albatros huh? I don't make the trip write-up!!??

;)

d

Coco Glaze

Mar 11, 2007
I can tell them about our meeting, but it would sound better in your write up since your write up is going to include Juan Dolio and Punta Cana and all.:( Only if I could be there. Maybe in December.

BTW, Dana P is a sweet fine lady if any of yall is interested. ;)

omarnyc

Dec 28, 2007
dude i been there

whats goin on everybody, just wanted 2 add on to what you were saying bout that night club illusions..lol....let me tell u a little story about my first day in dr/boca chika/juan dolio...first they me and my friend got there a person working for costa caribe coral hilton approuch us and asked us if we lookin for some fun wit girls.......obviously e said ya why not......he took us to this nightclub mind you its 2pm sun is shinning, there were atleast 20 girls there 0 guys and dude they werent all ugly now.....i dunno if mari still there but she wasoff the chain...anyways afte rlong nigotiations with the bartender slash d.j. slash pimp(lol) i payed 60 bucks and had drinks free on the house and the girl in one of the rooms they got...which was meaningless cause we can all inclusive in the resort so watever...btw the rooms r pretty run down...there was water working but no toilet and no bath and no light!! lol anyways holla at me for more info i have more stories...