where to go to furnish dream villa nr Cabarette

m4lce

Sep 2, 2007
My dream villa is nearly completed and now need to put the insides together does anyone know where to go for the essentials, beds, sofas, etc will be doing a 'reckie' in October can anyone help?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Santo Domingo. The capital has by far the best selection of furniture (high end), shops etc etc.

Then again, it all depends on what level of furnishings and budget you are talking about.
If it's a smaller budget, I'm sure Santiago will cover your needs.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Shop for the home

There is a fairly new shop opened outside of Sosua, he has some great stuff in there and what he doesnt have he can order- everything for your home. He speaks perfect English too. pm me when you arrive and I'll give you full directions. Good guy and his prices are reasonable.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
The best quality & workmanship

Hans Otto Middeldorf is an excellent furniture maker very reasonable prices and fast service 809-571-2960 or 809-223-2190. We highly recommend his shop & his custom work

For domestics items go to Gonzalez Distributors near the Cathedral in Puerto Plata.Good prices on towels lamps small appliances & kitchenware

dwnddindr

Jun 12, 2007
Distribudora Gonzalez in Puerto Plata????....NO!!!!!!!

If I may interject my 2 cents here.....buying from Distribudora Gonzalez will be a mistake unless price is of no issue to you. That happens to be one of the most expensive stores in Puerto Plata, and I speak from experience. For example, I bought a gas cooktop stove from there for RD$24,000 (no comments please :ermm:) and then ended up seeing the exact same stove in Santiago for RD$15,000! Trust me, you can shop there if you like, but for major purchases I always make the small journey to Santiago. What you need to understand is that most of the business', if not all, in Puerto Plata, travel to Santiago and even as far as Santo Domingo to buy stuff to bring back to Puerto Plata to sell in their store at a hefty profit. If you go to Santiago or Santo Domingo direct, you are then cutting out the middle man and saving yourself a lot of money.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
If I may interject my 2 cents here.....buying from Distribudora Gonzalez will be a mistake unless price is of no issue to you. That happens to be one of the most expensive stores in Puerto Plata, and I speak from experience. For example, I bought a gas cooktop stove from there for RD$24,000 (no comments please :ermm:) and then ended up seeing the exact same stove in Santiago for RD$15,000! Trust me, you can shop there if you like, but for major purchases I always make the small journey to Santiago. What you need to understand is that most of the business', if not all, in Puerto Plata, travel to Santiago and even as far as Santo Domingo to buy stuff to bring back to Puerto Plata to sell in their store at a hefty profit. If you go to Santiago or Santo Domingo direct, you are then cutting out the middle man and saving yourself a lot of money.

You are right in one respect OTTO is very expensive, but also you need to learn a little more, I just bought a superb cooker with 4 rings auto light up, huge oven able to take a 20lb turkey for 6,300 pesos in Sabaneta, 20 mins drive from you ,,,,,,,c'est la vie, maybe ignorance isnt bliss after all

dwnddindr

Jun 12, 2007
That's excellent Ladybird...but what namebrand is it because that also may make a small difference...mines is Whirlpool and stainless steel by the way..maybe I need to travel to Sabenata more often. One thing I do know though, and that is that I will not be making any major purchases in Puerto Plata ever again.