Which Resort in Bayahibe

Born2Travel

Oct 4, 2007
We may have the possibility of staying at the following in 2008:

1. VIVA VACATION CLUB AT VIVA WYNDHAM DOMINICUS PALACE or

2. VIVA VACATION CLUB AT VIVA WYNDHAM DOMINICUS BEACH

What are the pros and cons of the 2 resorts ?

If given the choice which one would be more preferable and why ?

Thanks in advance

Born2Travel

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
I spent a short time at these properties at the beginning of September. I don't know the differences on the "Vacation Club" portion of the hotels, but I noted a few differences in the hotels themselves, among which would be that the Beach is a bit larger than the Palace and the Palace is a bit more luxurious than the Beach. The two hotels offer sharing privileges so it's not that big a deal really where you end up since you can use the facilities of both. There are more a la cartes at the Palace and the most fantastically situated buffet on the beach at the Beach. I believe you pay $10 to dine at the a la cartes at the Palace when a guest at the Beach. The Beach also has really cute bungalows, though on the inside there's not a lot of difference compared to a standard room. The beachfront ones are obviously the best! The two properties have 3 pools, with one being at the Beach. The theater is at the Beach and the disco is on the Palace side. The beach activities appear to be set up on the Palace side. There are also some shops at the Palace in a cluster, clothes and a Conchita Llach store, paintings and crafts and a logo shop.

There are very few (coming up empty remembering even one, actually) open green spaces at the properties with building on building on pool on restaurant on tennis court on cultivated pond area.

With all the good points and weaker ones, I'd return!

Kaki

GringaRubia

Sep 9, 2006
If the vacation club are the suites, on the upper floors especially..they are really nice. Good views from some of them and the rooms are big and air-y, with lovely big balconies, stereos, large bathroom, huge closets, bar area in the kitchen. We had a good time when we stayed there in those suites. This is at the beach side. I think the flamingos in that pond thing at the palace side kind of smell pretty bad, but that is just my preference. We used all of the resturants with no bother at all. ;)