car dealer sale

May 22, 2006
Somebody can tell me (from his personal experience) how much time need
a car dealer to close the sale of a used car - all included (matricula, technical
stamp, insurance etc). I come in Dr for 2 weeks and I want to know if its
possible to do this in this time. Thanks

Feb 7, 2007
If you let them take care of it, you just sign papers and you are on the go. They take care of the rest, it may take couple of weeks though. But you are on the clear.

It's been suggested on this board, though, that you bring your own lawyer into the equation.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
My wife and I purchased a used car our first visit. The car dealer completed all of the paper work including car insurance the same day. So this was a one day visit. I did have to return a month later to pick up the title. Had to wait for the title transfer.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i bought my actual car last year in november, decided at one day which one it has to be(talking about a used car) and the next day all papers ben ready, just had to pass by rentas internas in higuey(car bought in higuey, too) for the traspaso, pass the matricula to my name, they offered me at the dealer to do that too for me but i wanted to do that part for myself.
for new vehicles, i bought 3 new vans, you have everything ready the next day, matricula in your name, full insurance on it aso, that's at a dealer right here in bavaro.
Mike

desmil

Oct 11, 2007
buying a car

any suggestions on where someone can buy a quality used car-for a resonable price?

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
any suggestions on where someone can buy a quality used car-for a resonable price?

From someone you know or can trace the car history. If it was shipped from the US check on CARFAX used car VIN number search, auto history check, vehicle history reports Most of the used cars at the dealers are bought at auction with either high milage and they turn it back or with bad titles (wreck, slavage, or junk) and they refurbish them. We tried getting three different ones and had:
1 odometer turned back 100,000 miles
2. Salvage title (flood car from Florida)
3. Junk titile (not able to get a legal title anywhere in the US for it). Was in a very bad accident.

All went back to the dealers and we ended up buying a new one. We did get a good used one also from an expat who was leaving the DR.

So be careful
Feel free to PM me if you want.

Bob K