Threading in SD?

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
If you can find a salon that is owned by or employs South East Asians you may find a good threader, otherwise go for tweezing or waxing, or do it yourself.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I hate to have to do it myself...and I hate to do waxing on my face...it's so bad for the skin on your face...only other option is how they do it with razors, it looks really nice and defined, but I don't like how it grows in after...

What can I say..I'm picky about that sort of thing!!:cheeky:

I have actually never seen a place in the DR that does threading..but I'm hoping if anywhere in the DR will do threading, SD will be it...

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
Then, if you can't find a good threader tweeze. If you tweeze well once per month, you will only have a few stray hairs to take care of weekly.

You can buy eyebrow shape stencils at the drug store that can help you out.

Good luck!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
What about sugaring? Has anyone found a place that does this in SD? Much gentler than waxing.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Thanks apostropheman, I did see that thread, but it was from the beginning of 2006 it looks like, so I was hoping that maybe someone had located one since then... ;)

dr_qt..I know it's genrally an East Indian thing, but you were saying South East Asians also do threading? I'm sure there must be some South East Asian salons in SD..well at least I know there are quite a few Asian nail salons across the DR...

Anyone know of any South East Asian salons in DR then?

Last edited:

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I've never had sugaring done, I'm not 100% sure what's involved but I had thought it was supposed to be very painful...
Whereas I find threading virtually painless...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Sugaring is like waxing, but significantly less painful (I wouldn't say painless) and much much gentler on the skin.
I thought threading was also a Middle Eastern technique, so considering the fact there are so many Dominicans of Arab origin, it's surprising it isn't more common.