Apartment/Condo Rentals in Santiago

Soul Siesta

Jun 2, 2005
www.brothersandsistersonline.com
I am in need of an apartment in Santiago for one week (2 or 3 bedroom, 2 bath, a/c, fully furnished). I saw the recent thread about the limited (if any) availability of rental apartments in Santiago, but it (the message) wasn't definitive. Is it a waste of time looking for this type of accommodation in Santiago? Are there just a few rentals available in the city? If so, I need the contact info (website, phone, email, whatever). Thanks!

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
To answer your question, you can find short-term rentals in Santiago. But you won't find very many listings on the more popular vacation rental sites such as ..VRBO? is Vacation Rentals by Owner? Vacation Homes Rentals by Owner and Vacation Rentals .com - #1 rated site for Vacation Homes, Beach Houses, Villa Rentals. As one poster mentioned on an earlier thread, Santiago doesn't get as much tourist traffic as the north coast. So there isn't a huge demand for vacation rentals. And the ones that exist are hard to find.

I spent a month there in August of last year for a spanish immersion course, and the school arranged a two bedroom apartment for a friend and I. We tried to find a place on our own by using the traditional method (internet search) to no avail. We had to have someone who already lives there arrange a short-term rental for us.

I would suggest enlisting any people that you may know living in Santiago to help you find what you are looking for. I spend quite a bit of time in Santiago, and I can't think of any other reliable way to find short-term rentals.

What is your purpose for visiting? Will you be taking classes? Are you visiting friends? These are the resources that you will need to utilize in order to find short-term lodging.

Or you can just stay in a hotel.:ermm:

Vince.