Hard Rock Cafe

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Hard Rock Cafe

Hola everyone :chinese:

I met up with three of my great Canadian friends for lunch.

Address,.....

Calle El Conde #103
Entre Calle Isabel La Catolica y Arzobispo Mezino
Frente a la Catedral

Telephone: 809-686-7771

Avoid going on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night (unless you wanna wait 2 hours or more).

Always great food and excellent service!!! :bunny:

2z5oo7b.jpg

aob3gn.jpg

2ng8pq1.jpg

v82zap.jpg

wus12a.jpg

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
funny...i always lose weight in the DR.. I eat and drink...but i spend so much time swimming and snorkeling etc...that i always drop lbs!

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I think I read somewhere that at the you are required to spend a min of 700pesos per person at the Hard Rock Cafe here....(thought I suppose with the prices they have it wouldn't be hard to do that...)
Is that true????

p.s. All your food pics are making me hungry...I think I'm gaining weight just from looking at all ur yummy food pcis...lol

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
I think I read somewhere that at the you are required to spend a min of 700pesos per person at the Hard Rock Cafe here....(thought I suppose with the prices they have it wouldn't be hard to do that...)
Is that true????

p.s. All your food pics are making me hungry...I think I'm gaining weight just from looking at all ur yummy food pcis...lol

Hey alicious :classic:

I never heard of such a policy. But if I order an entree and a drink, that alone will add up right away. So I guess it does not matter. lol :D

The best time to visit is during the afternoon.

The worst time is on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night.

Excellent service and great food. :bunny:

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
no offence...i personaly would never eat there. I worked at H.R.C in nyc for about a week when i first moved here. It is basicaly a glorified macdonalds for young adults. All the food and sauces are pre-packaged and either microwaved or fried. The drinks (if you dont oder beer are weak).

I dont mind spending good money for food...just not at a fast food chain. Never been to sosua or Rocky's...but i bet his ribs kick the butt of HRC.

I wouldnt mind paying way too much money for a tee shirt there tho ;-)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I dont mind spending good money for food...just not at a fast food chain. Never been to sosua or Rocky's...but i bet his ribs kick the butt of HRC.

Rocky's ribs are the best in Sosua, the best on the North Coast, and probably the best in the DR. The ribs, garlic mashed potatoes, and salad,,,,,,,well you talking about a good meal. The ribs might, just might give them North Carolina ribs a run for the money.

I don't know why but no one seems to talk about the great Italian dishes at the New York Shark Bar. Lou can do some serious cooking.

I know, a little off topic.

HRC, a rip off joint, plain and simple. There are so many other places in SD to enjoy a great meal.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I think the main point of the HRC is more the atmosphere...the American-ness of it, for ppl who either wish they were more American, or who miss their homeland...

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
I think the main point of the HRC is more the atmosphere...the American-ness of it, for ppl who either wish they were more American, or who miss their homeland...

Thank you very much for your post alicious!!! You make a very good point!!! :classic:

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004

yeah..i DO realize that. I must admit on my first visit i was walking down el conde and i could smell the MickyD's two blocks away. the smell alone reminded me of home.

perhaps if i LIVED there i might go to H.R.C for the novelty of it ( doubt it tho). I prefer to spend my money at indie restaurants...smaller places where the ownership is really into cooking and giving you a unique experience.

For awhile there was a place here in nyc "fashion cafe" run by naomi campbell and a few other super models. I used to laugh..."i'll have the celery stick". jejejeje

WHat can i say...H.R.C does great business around the world. Tourists like that kinda stuff. BUt i'd rather find some real food when traveling.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I totally agree jrzyguy...

But if I was a Dominican teenager I can bet you I would LOVE to go there...lol

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
yeah..i DO realize that. I must admit on my first visit i was walking down el conde and i could smell the MickyD's two blocks away. the smell alone reminded me of home.

perhaps if i LIVED there i might go to H.R.C for the novelty of it ( doubt it tho). I prefer to spend my money at indie restaurants...smaller places where the ownership is really into cooking and giving you a unique experience.

For awhile there was a place here in nyc "fashion cafe" run by naomi campbell and a few other super models. I used to laugh..."i'll have the celery stick". jejejeje

WHat can i say...H.R.C does great business around the world. Tourists like that kinda stuff. BUt i'd rather find some real food when traveling.

no mickyDs on el conde...KFC is probably what you smelled...
bob

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
no mickyDs on el conde...KFC is probably what you smelled...
bob

Speaking of mickyDs, the mickyDs in Santo Domingo do not have milkshakes. Does anyone know why?

So I just buy two sundaes and stir it until it becomes a shake. lol :bunny:

But the mickyD (the one next to the Nacional supermarket) in Santiago has milkshake.