Single Status Document

colombiano

Oct 24, 2007
I am trying to find the place where my girlfriend can go to get a single status document. I am told it would be in the Vital Statistics Office in DR, but does anyone know the exact name of the office in DR?

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I am trying to find the place where my girlfriend can go to get a single status document. I am told it would be in the Vital Statistics Office in DR, but does anyone know the exact name of the office in DR?

Depending on where she lives, she can probably go to the city or town hall (the "ayudamiento" - i think this is the right word) in her area.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
just took a gringo friend of mine for a soltero document here in the capital,complete with notario seal for 800 pesos.
bob

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Do Dominicanos need single status documents to get married too? I thought it was only for foreigners?

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
Do Dominicanos need single status documents to get married too? I thought it was only for foreigners?

I'm sure it's only foreigners - I had to get one when my husband and I got married. We just went to our solicitor and he drew up a document for us after asking a load of questions - but it was no problem at all.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
May I speculate that the person's cedula reads "casado" or married, and thus the request. If the cedula reads soltero, then that should be all that is necessary. Single status documents are not required of foreigners that are legal residents, either. Just the presentation of a cedula with the status "soltero."