ocean world

rainie

Sep 15, 2007
Hi
We will be arriving in DR on dec 26th and I would like some advise about booking a trip to ocean world. We are staying at Ocean Bavaro beach and Spa in Bavaro could anyone please answer the following:-

Should i book the trip before i come or wait until im in the hotel and book it with tour company.

how far is ocean world from bavaro

has anyone done the swim encounter with the dolphins and what is it like

any other recommendations or places known to carry out this activity.

Many thanks for all your help
Lorraine

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi Lorraine,
the Ocean World is located on the north coast, so from Punta Cana only accessible by plane. that is offered as an excursion i think by the Thompson representatives, they do the flight once or twice a week, check with them at your hotel's tourrep area (aside the front desk) after arrival right away, so you won't miss the maybe only available day during your stay in case you stay for just one week.
don't use the Manati Park Tour or the Dolphin Island (same company) in Punta Cana as an alternative to the Ocean World. the Manati Park company is not recommended to use/visit for their bad treatment of the animals.
have fun
Mike

(edited to get correct name of company...)

Gregg
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

rainie

Sep 15, 2007
Hi Mike
Thanks for prompt reply, and answers to my questions, I will make sure i do not use the company/s you have mentioned.
Once again thanks
Loraine