US Student visa for Haitian living in DR

seabail45

Jul 7, 2007
Does anyone know what the procedure is for a Haitian immigrant living in DR to get a visa to attend school in the United States,

Are there any groups/organizations in the U.S or the dominican to assist in the process?

I am an American and I do not understand the politics between Dominicans and Haitian immigrants.

Does anyone know how much the process costs a Haitian Immigrant to have the proper paperwork to apply for a Visa?

How long does it take, and where do you go to have an interview in the DR. Is there a risk of being send back to Haiti when applying for a student Visa?

What is the barrier to getting a Visa to visit the United States to attend School?

I have searched everywhere for these answers,

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Since you are apparently American I will assume that you are trying to help out a Haitian friend here in the DR. I also am of the assumption that all student visia to Haitian Nationals will be issued through the US Embassy in Haiti. Failing that, I'm sure someone here at DR1 could put your buddy in contact with some Haitian students here at PUCCM in Santiago who should know more. In fact, we have a DR1 member who is a professor at the school who may be able to help. Please clarify what you are looking for.

seabail45

Jul 7, 2007
Student Visa

You are correct. I am American and attempting to help a teen participate in our foreign exchange program at our high school here in the United States.
Dominican Republic is one of our participating countries, but this is a Haitian kid who has lived in the Dominican for several years.

You are correct, maybe the professor at PUCCM can be of help to me in understanding what is needed for this kid and future Dominican and/or Haitian teens in the DR to exchange for a school year.

We have been exchanging students for over 50 years at our high school, and I am attempting to open it up to more students that may not get a chance otherwise. How do I contact this professor, so I could get in contact with Haitian students from PUCCM.

What does PUCCM stand for?

Thanks for the lead.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
You are correct. I am American and attempting to help a teen participate in our foreign exchange program at our high school here in the United States.
Dominican Republic is one of our participating countries, but this is a Haitian kid who has lived in the Dominican for several years.

You are correct, maybe the professor at PUCCM can be of help to me in understanding what is needed for this kid and future Dominican and/or Haitian teens in the DR to exchange for a school year.

We have been exchanging students for over 50 years at our high school, and I am attempting to open it up to more students that may not get a chance otherwise. How do I contact this professor, so I could get in contact with Haitian students from PUCCM.

What does PUCCM stand for?

Thanks for the lead.

Send a "private message" to Hillbilly, a member of this forum. To do that click on his name and a dialog box wil appear and then choose send private message.