8 million pesos

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Probably very few watched tonight as President Fernadez in his national speech presented the Plan Nacional de Recuperacion. There will be an initial investment of 8 million pesos to correct the damages cause by Noel. Lets all hope that the monies go were they are supposed to go...livable housing, repair of road and bridges, refinances for the agriculture community and most importantly an agency that handles disasters in a workable and responsible fashion. If things go badly his re-election bid might just be in jeopardy.

Presidente presenta Plan Nacional de Recuperaci?n con inversi?n inicial de 8 mil millones de pesos

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Gee, do you think? All those tears!.....but remember the same people that brought you the Metro, the Island, PEME, and many other mega projects will be building/rebuilding...

I do hope that the suffering is lessened. I just heard from kfrancis in Cabral, Barahona. 11 days without electricity and diesel almost exhausted.

Lord willing, we'll get through this.

HB

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
"A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking real money."

-Everett Dirksen

More yipetas on the way!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I love the way they present it as if it is their own money they're so magnanimously handing over.