Isla Cabritos national park

Frenki

Oct 31, 2007
did anyone make excursion trip from Santo Domingo or Boca chica to this national park ?
How long trip lasts, what agency do you recommend for this trip ?

thank you !

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The best way is to rent a car and head out there. I am told the road is fine on the way there. The person you want to reach is Olivier Mesmer at 809-243-1190. I am told he is doing excursions. This is an all day trip. We recommend you overnight in Barahona. Also, be sure to take a hat, lots of sun tan lotion, and lots of water. I believe that is the hottest point on the country. Feels like 35C+ out there.

Last edited:

Kiboko

Dec 26, 2006
When we went in April this year, we drove ourselves and asked around at the car park to find two men with a boat who took us over the lake to the island. However, according to a poster a couple of months ago, that boat wasn't working when they visited, so I don't know the situation now.

Olivier Messmer's company is called Ecotour Barahona, and the website is Ecotour Barahona, the ecologic tourism in Dominican Republic. They do a one-day tour to Lago Enriquillo out of Barahona. I haven't used this company personally, but other posters have, and a search of the archives will give you more details.

It would be just about possible to drive yourself there and back from Santo Domingo in a day, but it would be an incredibly tiring day with a very early start.

I second Dolores' recommendation of a hat, water and suntan lotion. I think it must have been the hottest place I have ever been to.

Frenki

Oct 31, 2007
thanks, I'll try to contact Olivier.
I definitely must go to that national park