Need House/Apartment in Santiago

Mariposazul

May 5, 2005
American family of 4 needing a place to stay in good neighborhood of Santiago.

$5,000-10,000 RD Range?? House or Apartment.

Any leads?

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
More Info

How long are you looking to stay for?

How many bedrooms do you need?

Does your budget include bills? Often these are extra.

Are you looking for aircon?

Are you looking for furnished or unfurnished?

Last edited:

Mariposazul

May 5, 2005
2 years minimum (?)

3 bedrooms (couple with two small children)

under 10,000 RD for just RENT... obviously this probably doesn't include water, elect, etc.

Aircon? haha, no way $$

furnished, if possible

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not going to happen. I know people that rent two bedroom apartments, unfurnished, for 15000 a month, with no utilities. Furnished would be much more expensive.
You will need to put down three months rent up front, find someone to serve as your guarantor for electricity water and phone contracts.
There are places in barrios where you might find something, but your kids won't like it.

HB

Mariposazul

May 5, 2005
I know people who pay $6500/mo for 3 bedroom.....unfurnished, but great locations.............they ARE out there.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Oh please tell me where you can get 3 BR in a "great location" for RD$6500 a month! I am not kidding.

HB

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Lets define good area here so that HB and myself know what you mean by good. Cuz i live in a so so neighborhood and if I where to rent my house I can easily get 15000RD per month. Cerros Don Antonio. I am about 20 minutos form el Monumento.
A house in Cerro Alto is about 18-23k, villa olga is a bout 26k, La trinitaria about 1200usd, La zurza is about 15k-20 all this are for a 3 bedroom home.
This are al recent I was i nthe market for a home closer to el monumento. I have decided to make the comute since is not that much.
If you are bring your family over to Santiago and are budgeting for 6500 you would probably en up in a apartment in las Colinas of Tierra Alta. they are not bad but not Good areas.
Please add a few grnad to your budget and I might be able to help..............
Please let us know what you consider good, plus what school are you planing on taking your kids to, do you need to be close to a clinic, are you going to have 1 car or 2, ect..al this thins will help narrow down the ideal neighborhood.

Mariposazul

May 5, 2005
Okay, so maybe I'm a tight wad.......but I just want to find them something affordable and in a good location. I realize that under $10,000 is crazy. Anything is possible, right???????? *cough cough*

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
If it has to be Santiago then I think it would be very tough, unless you are willing to move to a not so nice area. Could another place be acceptable? (I.e. La Vega is not very far from Santiago and it is much cheaper, good schools, relatively clean town, close to the highway and the mountains of Jarabacoa, etc. If you were to go even farther away in Cotui for instance 6500 pesos a month will get you a pretty nice place. I know someone who rents a three bedroom apartment for 4,000 pesos a month.

lalad87

Jul 27, 2007
I live in Los Jardines which I consider a very good area. there was a two bedroom appartment completely furnished (very nicely so I might add) for six hundred US dollars. This included air conditioning and everything minus water. The land lady was young and lived upstairs spoke english as well. This is located off of Ave. Texas right near the Bon ice cream store. There are nice areas and decent prices but you have to look.

jafo

Dec 16, 2006
My SO and I live in Santiago . Nice Apartment 3 beds 2bath . Watchman . 14000 with maintanance . Next to Plaza Monumental . ( Right off Autopista and 2 miles to the Monument )
I would define it as a good area , with easy access to public cars and highway .
I think you will have to up the price range to get a nice place .
I know of a few for rent close by here .
If you want the phone #s PM me .