Hotel Aladino

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
I was wondering if anyone has had any recent experience with the Hotel Aladino. After a half a dozen stays in the Zona Colonial area I was thinking of trying a different part of the city. It is in Naco near the Olypic Center just off Avenida John Kennedy. It looks pretty reasonable on the web site with "Executive" rooms for $65 incuding taxes.Aparta Hotel Aladino My rum-soaked panel of experts have told me that Naco is a pretty nice area but that's all the info I get from them. I was also curious about the area restaurants as I would be spending a few days there. It is not too far from Caribe Tours and Parque Enriquillo, and that will make my wandering easier. Searches on DR1 and elswhere have produced only limited information, much of it dating back to 2004. Thanks for any help you can lend.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I know the Aladino. It is on a side street between Ortega y Gasset and Tiradentes. The Street is Dr. Heriberto Pieter. It is a nice, quiet area.
However, it is not all that close to the "action" as it were.

Some of our athletic trainers from Cuba stay there. It is comfortable.

HB

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Thanks HB. I guess it's a quiet area. I'm not realy looking for action, just a place to have a low key dinner with mi novia. If there are any low key dining options in the neighborhood that would be great. We are happy with anything from an interesting colmado on up.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I did not see any dining area there, but I did not look too closely. Also, I did not see any restaurants nearby. If there is a dining area, it has to be fairly small.

HB