Work as Tour Guide

les1

Feb 1, 2007
Can anyone help me with a number/email for work at Bahia Principe, Rio San Juan. I can't find anything on their web site, just holiday stuff. I'm going back to Rio San Juan In Feb and want to apply before I go.
Les1

thegirl

Nov 30, 2007
Bahia Principe #

Hey here's their number1-809-226-1590.. i stayed there in April its amazing, i heard they got shut down a while ago though something to do with the water, I don't know if they are back open.. hope this helps good luck

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Can anyone help me with a number/email for work at Bahia Principe, Rio San Juan. I can't find anything on their web site, just holiday stuff. I'm going back to Rio San Juan In Feb and want to apply before I go.
Les1
You're a tour guide?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
My understanding: you cannot be a tour guide unless you are a Dominican and have done the government approved training program.

I am pretty sure that leaves you out.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I am looking to hire a FT tour guide. Bilingual (English) a must! Tri-Lingual (w German) is a bonus!

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Anyone can be a tour guide in this country, you only have to take the course, and pass the test.
Problem #1: If you are a gringo, the school usually doesn?t know when the next course starts, or they tell you after it has already started.
Problem #2: If you aren?t fluent in spanish, you will have a hard time, as the course is only in spanish. The test is a written test, in spanish as well.

If you are not licenced to be a guide in this country you will soon learn what a politour jail cell looks like, and how much it costs to get out of one.
good luck as it is a fun job

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Anyone can be a tour guide in this country, you only have to take the course, and pass the test.
Problem #1: If you are a gringo, the school usually doesn?t know when the next course starts, or they tell you after it has already started.
Problem #2: If you aren?t fluent in spanish, you will have a hard time, as the course is only in spanish. The test is a written test, in spanish as well.

If you are not licenced to be a guide in this country you will soon learn what a politour jail cell looks like, and how much it costs to get out of one.
good luck as it is a fun job
The only tour guides that I see working on resorts are the ones who give tours of the clubs and cabanas.:p

I see tour guides around Playa Dorada but I can't see why I would hire them since they don't have cars or vans.
There are plenty of personable and knowledgeable taxi drivers around who are driver and tour guide all in one.:classic:

les1

Feb 1, 2007
Tour Guide

It comes as a suprise you have to be licenced and an even greater one you can land up in tourist police jail. I have already been offered a job but not at B Principe, and probably for not much money

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
There are Licensed tour guides and then there is everyone else. All tour operators, excursion operators etc are supposed to use Licensed Tour Guides! But I am sure many do not.

sbensimo

Dec 19, 2007
hi.....my name is Stephanie and I saw this posting. It seems quite interesting but with all of this talk about going to jail and everything....I DON'T KNOW! I am looking for a contract position for 3 - 6 months to work in the Dominican in a touristy place....whether it's in a hotel or as a tour guide. I am fluent in English, Spanish and French and speak Portuguese. As you can probably guess, there aren't that many opportunities in Canada to use your Spanish. I am going back to school to take my MBA in Marketing in September and wanted to have the opportunity to work in another country so I can expand on my professional experiences and horizons. If you are interested, please let me know and I will send you over my resume.

Thank you,
Stephanie

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
There are Licensed tour guides and then there is everyone else. All tour operators, excursion operators etc are supposed to use Licensed Tour Guides! But I am sure many do not.
Is there a link to info about "tour guide school" in the DR, possibly a link to the Tour Guide Law, and maybe the contents of the test? What are the requirements to become a Licensed Tour Guide?

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
FT - Full Time I would think

Sorry - I'm at work and got a call before pressing send, this was answered during that time. How rude - people calling me at work when I'm trying to reply to something on here lol!!

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
hi.....my name is Stephanie and I saw this posting. It seems quite interesting but with all of this talk about going to jail and everything....I DON'T KNOW! I am looking for a contract position for 3 - 6 months to work in the Dominican in a touristy place....whether it's in a hotel or as a tour guide. I am fluent in English, Spanish and French and speak Portuguese. As you can probably guess, there aren't that many opportunities in Canada to use your Spanish. I am going back to school to take my MBA in Marketing in September and wanted to have the opportunity to work in another country so I can expand on my professional experiences and horizons. If you are interested, please let me know and I will send you over my resume.

Thank you,
Stephanie

Send me your CV
Brgds
Frank

loopylou

Dec 21, 2007
I am looking to hire a FT tour guide. Bilingual (English) a must! Tri-Lingual (w German) is a bonus!

Are you still looking for a full time tour guide? where abouts is the job based? I am English and do not have the qualification is that a problem?