taxi help: Punta cana hotel to bavaro resort

craner

Jan 2, 2008
Traveling soon, family of 4 with 2 young children. Any recommendations? I hear the driving is quite disorganized. I found a company who will take us the 12 miles (roundtrip) for $157 usd including 2 car seats..... Are the roads safe? Are there many accidents? Is there another way to get transportation (i really think we need to use car seats in case of a crash). Does anyone know the real distance and type of roads from the punta cana airport to the barcelo bavaro beach? Thanks for your input.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The road from the airport to Barcelo is fine. The distance is about 12 miles and will take about 15-20 minutes travel time. There are taxis at the airport and the taxi fare for up to five persons is about US$ 23-25 from the airport to Barcelo. Any fare higher than that is a rip off.

Regards,
PJT

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
$157?? That seems extremely steep! Do you speak Spanish? - if you do I have a number somewhere of a taxi who will do it for much less than that, he drove me all the way to Santo Domingo for alot less. Let me know - he doesn't speak a word of English though.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
People, keep in mind that they're requesting 2 car seats. I don't know about you but I have yet to see a taxi that can offer that... US$157 is steep though.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
wait a minute
Call Benjamin at 809 351 8407, tell him that Jorge from Higuey and Luis from Santiago sent you. He will give you the safest most punctual ride at the best price...

Cut the crappo, nobody is going to pay $157 for that ride!!! Except a total newbie who has never been on the internet....

As for child seats?? Not that I know of...women carry the kids in their laps and Men drive.. The law of the land...

Those roads are very good and safe....accidents are rare...

You will have fun, for sure....

Not to worry, DR1 is here to help!!

HB

Feb 7, 2007
HB... to the OP:
Benjamin is from Higuey, so if you just need to get to Bavaro, get a local airport taxi. The most you pay is US$35. No child seats in any taxi I have seen.