My DR '07 Trip

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
It's been a while since I've posted anything on DR1 but I always check the forums and the news thru here......anyhow, I'll be posting pics soon but wanted to leave the thread open so I remember it tomorrow....pics are forthcoming. 5 days of fun so far.....

P.S: Hope all have enjoyed the new year so far! ;)

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
It's been fun, I haven't had this much fun in years, haven't drank this much since I was in the service with my buddies, overall a great trip so far and it's not over!!

Here go some pics...since I come down and stay in the family home, I carry myself as a local and don't like the tourists spots so much.

GEDC0147.jpg

First night, with one of my friends and his crazy t-shirt with a "fuel" gauge

GEDC0150.jpg

The liquor store, which is the new trend here, on Lope de Vega Avenue....it was fun

GEDC0151.jpg

One of our friends and another friend, she's 6'2" and he's 5'6"! Hahaha :p

Sunday the 30th:

GEDC0156.jpg

Me and a civil engineer friend at a local colmado, across from Diamond Mall on Los Proceres Ave.

GEDC0155.jpg

Some more friends, she's the editor of Messenger Mag, a youth oriented mag, he's a systems engineer, good people...

GEDC0166.jpg

Some more friends, those two made up their drink on the spot, haha!

GEDC0171.jpg

Another group pics with the Low Romo shirt guy, some girl and the engineer girl :p

More on the next post...

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Ok, here's some more...

GEDC0175.jpg

This had to be the craziest name for a drink ever, "Leche de Cabra Pajara" made with condensed milk, white rum and some unknown ingredient which our friend Mike in the red shirt made in the colmado, he won't reveal the ingredient and it's copyrighted by the good folks at Ke Dificil and the Rataloka......if you live here and read local blogs, you'd know, haha! :D

GEDC0180.jpg

The first person to taste the "Wicked Lesbian Goat's Milk" and she liked it ;)

GEDC0186.jpg

With some of the guys

GEDC0194.jpg

A pic with some of the ladies....

GEDC0203.jpg

A group pic but I didn't want to join, the bar we went to had closed down so we waited for sunrise in the Malecon, it was hilarious....

New Year's Eve:

GEDC0214.jpg

With the mag editor's brother, my crazy t-shirt friend and me

GEDC0215.jpg

This time, the guys and the young lovely lady in the middle who is the mag editor's cousin, a beautiful young woman....

GEDC0217.jpg

A little love for New Years with my friend

Some more in the next one....

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Here we go again....

GEDC0225.jpg

Look what alcohol does to people! Hahahaha! Leave the vodka at home!

GEDC0231.jpg

A drink and a pretty girl never hurts ;)

GEDC0239.jpg

Always a good time with the ladies around, hehe! Austin Powers mode: on :p

GEDC0245.jpg

Group pic!

GEDC0254.jpg

The following morning, at 7:30 AM in some other city park!

GEDC0279.jpg

Me and my friend Eveline

GEDC0284.jpg

Eveline, a friend who runs a big website down here and me in the middle, I was so drunk it's not even funny! Who cares!

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
GEDC0225.jpg

Waaaa hhhhhhhaaa, this guy would get ticketed by the "fashion police" EVEN on the North coast amongst the gringos malvestidos! Drink a little more Ron con 'K and we will wax you. Note: the woman in green dress in the pic above, she missed a patch! :)

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
No pise la grama!!! I have to send this to my friends from El Salvador!! Maybe I'll post it on my blog!!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Jon: You Chopo...Hanging out at the Colmado. AZB will never hang out with you now...

Looks like you had a great time. I was there during the same time. Had a great time too, but no pics from me.

Mooseman

Oct 28, 2007
GEDC0151.jpg

One of our friends and another friend, she's 6'2" and he's 5'6"! Hahaha :p

Guess she would have to put him up to it, correct? ;);):bunny:

A UK friend had a little ditty about this situation.

"When they're nose to nose,
His toes is innit,
When they're toes to toes,
His nose is innit."

Last edited:

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Excuse-ah-moi, Suarezn, that colmado is in Arroyo Hondo! Hahahaha.....I hadn't done the colmado thing since I was like 17 and I'm 26 now

There's more pics but I have to upload them first, just got back from a day trip to Bavaro last night so I was tired....

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Here's some more from yesterday's day trip to Bavaro, left on Wednesday and came back last night:

GEDC0367.jpg

Montecristo Cafe Punta Cana with my cousin and a friend of his, the place is much bigger and nicer environment than the one in Santo Domingo

GEDC0369.jpg

A Hurricane from the Hard Rock Punta Cana /jumo ..........yesterday at 12 :p

GEDC0370.jpg

One of the bartenders at the Hard Rock with a didgeridoo

GEDC0371.jpg

One of my friends that lives in Bavaro at the Palma Real shopping center........a beautiful, educated, lovely product of Santiago!

GEDC0374.jpg

A farewell kiss, hehe ;)

GEDC0375.jpg

Back to the capi last night, a campo in Higuey and the foothills of El Seybo in the background

Last but not least, if you're tired and want to have some fun on the way to Bavaro:
GEDC0376.jpg

That's all folks!

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
I actually hadn't posted some of the pics from Monday when I drove to Santiago! It had been 10 years since the last time I went, it's even prettier than before!

GEDC0337.jpg

Between Villa Altagracia and Bonao, a huge cloud rolling in....

GEDC0341.jpg

I didn't think that the HOMS would be this big, but that thing is humongous!

GEDC0342.jpg

Look at that Monument, beautiful thing to see!

GEDC0344.jpg

From up close this time....

GEDC0345.jpg

This is a friend from Santiago who was on her way to Centro Leon for some lectures, a quick pic before she left..... ;)

GEDC0350.jpg

These pictures are of famous paintings and other works of art, they are located all around the Gran Teatro del Cibao, I love how they expose art and culture to the masses out there

I might reconsider buying a condo in Santo Domingo by the next time I come to the DR if I make another trip to Santiago, an absolutely marvelous city. I did take a picture of the "Milky Way" which starts with the cabanas by Leche Rica and ends at the outskirts of the city, but it was blurry! No Bora Bora pics, haha!