anything interesting to do in Bavaro?

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
my friend now has a job there. It just doesnt look very interesting to me...nothing but all inclusives and resorts. I kinda like things a bit more on the rustico side.

please correct me if i am wrong in my assumption.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
What exactly would you consider as interesting? We've got bars, restaurants, discos, stores... maybe not the quantity or quality you might expect but it is improving slightly every year.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
well...i normaly stay in B.C. I know...not the prettiest beach on the isla...but i like the proximity to the capital and other beaches. I like going to playa carribe for boogie boarding, guayacanes for snorkeling, juan dolio, and then when i get bored of lounging on the beach i like a couple of days and nights in the capital for more cosmpolitan entertainment.

I have also made a lot of other friends around that area so not only do i know my way around very well...but i am also not dependant on one person to entertain me.

how long is a bus trip to bavaro from BC? perhaps i can swing out there for a day or two to visit my friend rather than do an extended stay.

sigh...BC wont be the same without him around tho. He cooks me the most fantastic meals every evening and takes me to some of the places in andreas that not too many tourists venture to.

also....are there non-a.i. hotel for the indie minded traveler?

Dont get me wrong...the area looks pretty and all from what i have found on line. Lord knows i love the beach and snorkeling etc....but I like more than just that as well.

thanks